UK EU Referendum Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

craner

Beast of Burden
Did anyone ever play British Bulldogs in school? I loved that game, because I was really good at sprinting and side-stepping, so often used to win or come close to winning.

IT'S PROBABLY ILLEGAL NOW BECAUSE THE EU KILLS FUN.*

*'Vote Leave' to avoid Calais Syrian Bulldogs

i was so hyped I pencilled X almost at random. Think it was the top box, forgot to read what was next to it assuming it was the top box. Staggered away unsure, but what can you do?

The polling officer let my son mash down the papers in the ballot box with a special democracy stick when I was done.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
To what degree did Jo Cox's murder swing this towards remain? It felt like it kicked the legs from under Leave this time last week. Almost Gavrilo Princip levels of counterproduction there.

It's almost as if her killer isn't some kind of Machiavellian master strategist!

I also suspect the sound shoeing English supporters got in Marseille undermined the bulldog-flying-a-spitfire spirit that fuelled Leave. Our hooligans were left looking very ordinary up against the Russians, that kind of thing hurts your nationalist's pride.

However

source BBC
62% possible for LEAVE in Sunderland
General Election (@UKGE2020)

Last edited:

droid

To what degree did Jo Cox's murder swing this towards remain? It felt like it kicked the legs from under Leave this time last week. Almost Gavrilo Princip levels of counterproduction there.

If indications are correct, I think it was decisive.

craner

Beast of Burden
Farage just made a toxic "concession" speech - absolutely horrific stuff. This will not end. These fuckers will not give up.

On the up-side, I guess, Brexit Tory MPs are scurrying back onto The Team.

Small scraps, I guess.

Currency markets going mad

http://www.hifx.co.uk/marketwatch.aspx

I paid a bill at €1.305 earlier today, dropped to €1.26 in seconds following Sunderland.

here it is agains $

ClrCRgnWYAAK_hg.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.