K-Punk

version

"In one of my lunchtime walks around the Tower, I entered an odd antechamber with a TV set on a table which always and only played a VHS of the Coronation of Queen Elizabeth II."

😂

mind_philip

saw the light
"They sometimes looked unsettled when they noticed me leaning against the wall opposite the TV: a lingering presence in the half-light, the whites of my eyes flickering suddenly into view when lit by the screen."

The whole thing is full of clangers. And an irritating pompousness about esotericism that is entirely unwarranted from someone who presumably "repented" his adolescent interests to a priest..

luka

lol theyre Americans! one of the funny things about mark is how rubbish the books are when actually he wrote lots of interesting things. then the books are all essays about sapphire and steel etc

shakahislop

lol theyre Americans! one of the funny things about mark is how rubbish the books are when actually he wrote lots of interesting things. then the books are all essays about sapphire and steel etc
yeah. it's been a long time since i looked at any of it but the blog was a revelation to me. the books never reached those heights, personally speaking. there was also something about the format of the blog being a much more exciting prospect than getting a book from the library.

shakahislop

how come all podcast people have this rambling big lebowski stoner drawl? refugee crew lol
the mutual misunderstanding of americans and brits is a general minor thread running through the internet. neither gets the other but absorbs the cultural production that comes from them. rife for misunderstandings. you see it everywhere with people who are 'on the left'. barely anything is the same across continents.