AIN'T NOBODY VERSUS I FEEL FUR YOU

AIN'T NOBODY VERSUS I FEEL FUR YOU

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

luka

I think I've noted this here before, but 'Shape of You' is literally the most popular song in Antigua.

I suspect his popularity is tied up with a particular kind of Englishness that the Harry Potter books and films successfully sold to the world.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Protect ya neck vs Shook Ones is along the same lines because you'd have to be a contrarian of some sort to prefer Protect Ya Neck.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I suspect his popularity is tied up with a particular kind of Englishness that the Harry Potter books and films successfully sold to the world.

It's a catchy Choon, isn't it, backed by a massive media machine.

It probably works better in translation cos you can't hear what he's saying and you might not know he's a ginger englishman.

I seriously doubt it's that popular BECAUSE he's English.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Ironically, given my preference for I feel for you, I'm a populist who believes Vox Populi Vox Dei.

In other words, Vox Sheeran Vox Dei.

luka

It's absolutely because he looks like a character from Harry Potter a tubby ginger who gets picked on by the mean kid at magic school

craner

Beast of Burden
You try humming any of his songs. You won't be able to. The 'catchiness' is from his supposed lyrical skills, which also don't exist.

luka

You try humming any of his songs. You won't be able to. The 'catchiness' is from his supposed lyrical skills, which also don't exist.

Any time me and Craner agree there's no longer any room for doubt. It's Apollo and Dionysus shaking hands.

craner

Beast of Burden
On the other hand, this is only a distraction from the brutal war of attrition going on about I FEEL FUR YOU and ain't nobody.