AIN'T NOBODY VERSUS I FEEL FUR YOU

AIN'T NOBODY VERSUS I FEEL FUR YOU

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
I've got a lot of time for desperately disadvantaged white Londoners making rap music. People whose lives have been horrible. In and out of prison. Friends and family murdered. I think they're often really good at it. I don't think America produces these people probably because it's too racially segregated.

This is oddly mesmeric:

sadmanbarty

If we can find another two songs to pit against each other I'm fascinated to see if the two camps will be replicated or if new alliances will be formed

i'm recon blissblog would break from our ranks and pick pulse x and me and you'd pick creeper.

luka

He played pulse x (with durrty doogz over it) in memory of Mark fisher at goldsmiths university

sadmanbarty

Shook Ones vs. Protect Ya Neck

this is actaully pretty close to feel for you vs ain't nobody.

the differing sense of proportions. the way they relate or don't to archetypal spaces. the sense or not of being grounded. the wryness and the absence of it.

feel for you very clearly being protect ya neck, shook ones being ain't nobody.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Also Shook Ones is mainly just a loop (albeit the best one ever) and Protect Ya Neck is tricky, full of ideas, pelting along, great harmonica solo.

sadmanbarty

Remix featuring ed Sheeran

the problem with white rap is it all sounds like something that someone's written for a school talent show. some idealistic teacher's managed to coax a wayward kid with anger management problems to express himself through rap.

craner

Beast of Burden
the problem with white rap is it all sounds like something that someone's written for a school talent show. some idealistic teacher's managed to coax a wayward kid with anger management problems to express himself through rap.

Apart from Vanilla Ice, Turtle Rap, which is pure energy and charisma.

Leo

some perspective: only five people have voted for each tune. hardly a statistically valid representative sampling of dissensus, never mind the world at large.

luka

That's not always true. It's true in lots of cases. I don't think it's true of k koke or potter payper or benny banks. It's very true of professor green ocean wisdom slow Thai and a million other people. Depends what environment they grew up in

luka

some perspective: only five people have voted for each tune. hardly a statistically valid representative sampling of dissensus, never mind the world at large.

Don't be ridiculous. We can justifiably extrapolate from that sample.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
That is interesting though, the different modes of expression of angst.

Being "allowed" to express it, maybe.