Artificial intelligence officially gets scary

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
There was a young fellow named Andy
Whom large language models made randy.

🍑-🍆 binary
Slips the coy model’s parry,
And drops filters in ways he finds handy.
A dude who went by 'Clinamenic'
Took a route to the truth that was scenic:
His curious posts,
By robotical ghosts,
Left one feeling quite far from hygienic.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
How AI ate Google
Allegedly leaked internal doc makes a lot of interesting observations about the AI field
Have you set up any AI agents yet, with stuff like AutoGPT? I recall @HMGovt mentioning similar stuff. I might set up a virtual machine to train an AI agent to be my secretary or something.

Yes, agent gpt and AutoGPT
The latter is more difficult to set up, need to synch up python install

But that done,
Code:
python3.11 -m autogpt
and magic happens
There are good autogpt install YouTube tutorials, so there's no excuse. It now comes with bing, Twitter, email plugins for more efficient interaction.

As for chatgpt, Code Interpreter is the next big thing. It's more than it sounds

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
There are good autogpt install YouTube tutorials, so there's no excuse. It now comes with bing, Twitter, email plugins for more efficient interaction.

As for chatgpt, Code Interpreter is the next big thing. It's more than it sounds
I just read about that, where it can visualize diagrams/GIFs/videos/ etc.

Is it a plug-in/model available to anyone with the ChatGPT premium account?

catalog

Good article that. The speed of this stuff is staggering. I got my laptop now, just need to find a model. Its moved on a lot.

shakahislop

one idle thought from the last couple of days, where i've had to think about ChatGPT a bit for work, maybe it's obvious, but it probably presages a new era of what browsing the internet looks like. dissensus obviously has a throwback infrastucture (which is part of the appeal, i'm not saying throwback to suggest that it's a bad way to do things). you can see these archeological layers in the internet already. and the internet is the biggest thing going on culturally, there's not even a close rival, all the momentum has gone out of the forms of cultural production that dominated the 50s-2000s period. AI just feels fundemental in how we interact with our computers and our phones. the speed of internet innovation has totally done a number on the older forms that everyone on here is into (music films etc), there's no energy in it or huge financial flows now.

shakahislop

what do you mean? i dont get it
really. i feel like it's obvious and normally you've already noticed these kinds of things. i'm saying a couple of things that admittedly are bit mixed together in the above post. the first one is that the internet goes through eras. obviously the way the internet feels and functioned at the moment is totally different to how it felt and functioned in 2014, which was totally different to how it was in 2006. there is a really rapid rate of change. any messing about with AI even as it stands right now, let alone when you think about how much better its going to get, makes it really clear to me that it is going to change a lot about what the internet is.

the second thing i'm saying is something i go on about all the time, which is that what's going on on the internet has really supplanted the primacy of older mass media forms like music and films. it's where all the formal innovation, energy and money is, and it's taken some of the affective roles that music, film and books used to fulfil. particularly if you are thinking about the mainstream of these things. something like instagram for example is a bigger and more comprehensive formal innovation than anything that's happened in music in the last decade, i would say (particularly in terms of being participatory rather than one-way).

these two points are linked of course

shakahislop

the second bit feels particularly to dissensus i think, given that the main discussions on here are about these older cultural forms

luka

o right yeah thats obvious. i thought you had worked out exactly how ai is going to change the form of th einternet and our experience of it