version

I'm surprised he's still invited on stuff like that since he's also said he believes COVID leaked from an American lab.

DannyL

Wild Horses
I'm surprised he's still invited on stuff like that since he's also said he believes COVID leaked from an American lab.
This clip is pretty much in line with that, no? Not much evidence but overall it rests on his feeling that *something's up*. Think he upset the hosts with his bold iconoclastic truth telling/conspiracy nonsense (delete as. applicable)

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
arse.jpg
Fucken saved

version

This clip is pretty much in line with that, no? Not much evidence but overall it rests on his feeling that *something's up*. Think he upset the hosts with his bold iconoclastic truth telling/conspiracy nonsense (delete as. applicable)

What I find strange about it is that he's this respected academic from Columbia who works with the UN yet he's going on mainstream shows making these points, also that after having blamed America for COVID he's still invited on stuff like Bloomberg to place yet more blame at the feet of the US.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
What I find strange about it is that he's this respected academic from Columbia who works with the UN yet he's going on mainstream shows making these points, also that after having blamed America for COVID he's still invited on stuff like Bloomberg to place yet more blame at the feet of the US.
I suppose viewers = $$$ and it doesn't really matter whether they agree with or like what they're hearing/watching, as long as they tune in.

version

could literally do a bingo card for this guy.

This is what I mean. You'd have thought they wouldn't invite him on anymore since he consistently says the opposite of the official line.

I suppose some might argue he's a form of controlled opposition, that they can just stick this unthreatening academic on from time to time to spice things up a bit.

That or he's in the pocket of China and tolerated by the American establishment for some reason.

DannyL

Wild Horses
Yeah, I wonder if it's just news as entertainment? I'd thought Bloomberg wd be more serious? Maybe someone American could comment?

version

I'd understand the Tea argument about drawing viewers, money etc if he was some bombastic presence and going out of his way to spark controversy, but he just seems like a fairly bland academic who happens to be critical of American policy.

Maybe he's just well-respected and they genuinely don't expect him to keep stepping out of line like this.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I'd understand the Tea argument about drawing viewers, money etc if he was some bombastic presence and going out of his way to spark controversy, but he just seems like a fairly bland academic who happens to be critical of American policy.
Well he's got us talking about him, hasn't he?

Maybe the idea is that he's more controversial for being a bland academic, in that he's therefore the sort of figure that Bloomberg viewers are likely to take seriously (or feel that they're being asked to take seriously, anyway), as opposed to some obviously crankish Alex Jones type, yelling his head off and going bright red in the face.

Last edited:
Reactions: Leo

version

We could be overthinking it too. It may just be his opinion and there's no strategy behind it or ploy.

In other news, is this laser weapon thing legit?

IdleRich

IdleRich

Maybe he's just well-respected and they genuinely don't expect him to keep stepping out of line like this.
Maybe it just doesn't really matter that much if some guy puts across a different opinion.