IdleRich

IdleRich
Probably you're right, people talk the talk but when it comes down to it they are afraid to stand up to Putin and do the right thing.

Leo

There is a gig in Lisbon I wanna go to this evening, do you think that this will work?

"Any chance that you could put me and Taras on the guestlist? He's very sick and he fled from Russia with only the clothes he's wearing but he loves music and it's one of the only things that can soothe his troubled soul... it would really mean so much to him if we could both get in free and making him happy would be a real fuck you to Putin."

you neglect to explain why you should also be on the list. you need your own hardship.

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Probably you're right, people talk the talk but when it comes down to it they are afraid to stand up to Putin and do the right thing.
I think anyone who'd refuse a request like that is basically admitting they're a ghastly vatnik quisling who loves genocide.

IdleRich

IdleRich
you neglect explain why you should also be on the list. you need your own hardship.
That was my favorite bit - it would make him very happy if I got in free.

Anyway the iron fist of fascist capitalism came crashing down on our dreams.

Leo

insane photo

13vid-ukraine-vi-topart-still-superJumbo.png

vimothy

yurp
Interesting thread on Russia's status as the last European colonial empire, and how it could end:

I'm suspicious of this guy, he seems to have an explanation for everything, which doesnt sit right with me. the stuff I've been reading recently that makes the most sense is that putin invaded ukraine for reasons of regime security rather than national security, with ambiguous results. on the one hand its produced a kind of nascent totalitarianism, which has strengthened his rule (us against them effect of the war motivating the populace behind him, plus authoritarian measures), whilst also involving him in a war which has worsened russia's position in geopolitical terms (severing energy ties with europe etc) and which was obviously not the rollover that was expected based on the first invasion of Ukraine

catalog

@william_kent and I do the odd friday great Northern dissensus meet up in Manchester so next time we have one, I'll let you know.

Sadly not been to thd white hotel in ages but I keep my eye on it and keep seeing things I wanna go to. Glad it's still going anyway.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
They should send drones with marker pens attached, so they can draw big cartoon cocks on the Russian planes.

Or, you know, just equip them with bombs.