sadmanbarty

That song was really the last hoorah of a certain lineage. Soul boys who championed a a religious notion of blackness. Who fetishised there historical persecution and defined them by it.

It’s equivilent this decade would be all that post-dubstep that harkens to the 80’s. It’s morivatobg ideology not an antiquanited notion of blackness, but an archaic notion of the future.

craner

Beast of Burden
Anyway, I was just harassed into choosing some songs I like, I didn't -- and couldn't in a million years -- curate a huge cultural statement like this one.

sadmanbarty

Anyway, I was just harassed into choosing some songs I like, I didn't -- and couldn't in a million years -- curate a huge cultural statement like this one.

your list was brilliiant. so is third's. they are both pillars of their respective sensibilities. dissensus is polytheistic.

luka

Mercilessly harassed into producing your best writing of the decade

luka

This feels like the long-overdue anti-canonic expansion of the canon, a rerouting of the continuum. Starting points for exploration in a wholly different direction. Even managing to include and recontextualise a record I recorded off the radio when I was about 12 years old (Silver Bullet). Love it.

Absolutely agree. It's important.

luka

It makes hardcore sound different by as you say recontextualising it. Allows me to see exactly what third is arguing for when he calls hardcore audio collage or whatever. This, like Bartys recent playlist, is a serious critical intervention and argument.

luka

Love this tune. Its like 'The Club' being torn apart in the event horizon of a black hole and then re-emerging into a hyper-dimensional alternate universe.

We've entered a portal into another dimension. He's accelerated dissensus!

sadmanbarty

This, like Bartys recent playlist, is a serious critical intervention and argument.

we have corpse to thank for this new model of dissensus. blog dissensus. conversation no longer the centrepiece, but rather an afterthought of others great statements.

sadmanbarty

corpse and version have disappeared! i want to know why and i want to know where.

has dubstep forum had a reunion or something. they've all gone a cruise. kode 9 in the lobby of the ship doing butlins humour while he calls out the bingo numbers. blackdown's translucent white legs poking out his shorts, skinny like a beano character.