Thrive in '95 - Jungle's zenith

luka

Aquasky is the worst of that tendency. The worst person I have ever known, a genuine sociopath with bulging fish eyes, absolutely loved aquasky.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
lol. this is exactly the stuff your mates were listening to in 94 though. just over a breakbeat.

also lol at us posting the same tune.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
apart from circles the tune from 95 i can't stand is funkingthemup by shy fx with that stupid circus bassline. that became the norm in 96 and alongside adam f circles was a nail in the coffin, which is why i don't buy the thing that 'intelligent jungle' killed it first.

I mean adam f circles was a hugely mainstream tune and not really junglistic either, just signifiers.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
this is the tune which cemented the jungle-house connection in my ears. the ruff-smooth dialectic juxtaposed perfectly. the real 'intelligent jungle' slamming yet soulful.

I went to hypes ganja records night at the end a few times. That's where I really realised, I don't like this music at all.

I went to that at the end, tru playaz, fairly regularly in 96 and 97. Best set I ever heard there was afrika bambaata, played anything and everything. Worst was Dave angel, so I turned on the smoke machine in the main room (you could get to the console at the back easily) and left.