Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
@Mr. Tea you'll like this, there was a guy playing who used to play at Wang, DJ Controlled Weirdness, obviously knew Lulu and Electro Elvis and Ed as well of course.
That's pretty cool, although I don't recall the name. Was a there any Wang-y music being played?

IdleRich

IdleRich
Not really. Was loads of DJs, when we arrived at about 5pm there was a guy playing 160bpm hardcore, then there was a bloke from St Lucia playing, I dunno, Kuedo or something, another guy did a chopped and chewed set, there was some house, more hardcore er a guy who had this device that selected a random radio station and then he sampled whatever came on and built a tune out of it live. Also loads of people openly doing lines off the bar etc it was really just a little shop on Hackney Road with some decks on it but it went off pretty well.

IdleRich

IdleRich
London is so expensive man... we stayed at a friend's house, we went to Tate Modern for free on someone's card, we got into NYE free cos our friend was playing, some guy gave us a load of free things to sniff, we DJ-d NYD, we went to Tate for free on way home... and we still rinsed about five hundred quid in two days.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
You remember when Ed left his records at my place? When I met up to give them back I said "Did you get home ok, you were pretty fucked?" and he said "Yeah, yeah... well, no not really, I forgot I'd moved to Brighton so I got the train to Norwich..."
Ha, classic Ed. When we all went back to your flat after Wang and he was with us we'd make a point of putting on that record you've got, forget which, but it was put out by Memory Boy records...

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Anyone experienced calea ternifolia/zacatechichi, the dream plant?

There’s an erowid databank but it’s ltd, cheesy and given lack of severe toxicology with boosted certain dream rewards, seems intriguing. Can’t imagine it being that tricky to grow, blends in to any green space and has the potential for cuttings to create a wee batch of healthy inconspicuous plants

For referencing (I didn’t recognise wtf it was from latin either)

IdleRich

IdleRich
No... but they sometimes sell this fish in Portugal https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salema_porgy

Sarpa salpa, known commonly as the dreamfish, salema, salema porgy, cow bream or goldline, is a species of sea bream, recognisable by the golden stripes that run down the length of its body, and which can cause ichthyoallyeinotoxism when eaten.
Sarpa salpa became widely known for its ichthyoallyeinotoxic effects following widely publicized articles in 2006, when two men ingested it at a Mediterranean restaurant and began to experience many auditory and visual hallucinogenic effects. These hallucinations, described as frightening, were reported to have occurred two hours after the fish was ingested and had a total duration of 36 hours.

If I remember rightly Liza told one of our friends she or maybe both of us - I forget - had eaten it and he told us that his grandmother referred to it as the dreamfish and then we looked into it further.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Must have been a bad moment when he arrived "home" and realised he'd been travelling for two or three hours in the wrong direction, completely mashed up in the wrong city having had no sleep.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Went to see a couple of Mozart piano concertos at the royal festival hall, had a mojito beforehand, then a beer at the interval, then a few guiness at the pub, just got home, off work tomorrow for my birthday, scoffed some mushroom chocolates, let's goooo 38

shakahislop

$6.12 ($5.12 for the coffee, $1 for the tip) at cafe vita in the LES.

my brother was here recently, he wasn't tipping for anything, the logic being 'why the hell should i pay more for this, its already really expensive, all these people (servers barmen etc) clearly have a lot more money than me', which is pretty much definitely true actually.