luka

for some reason these make woops really agitated. he wont read them or even acknowledge their existence. its very curious.

Benny Bunter

They seem like collections of opening sentences of short stories or novels that begin in media res or, as far they're each self-contained pieces, a collection of randomly selected sentences from a novel with huge gaps in between. You find yourself imagining what the plot might be, should such a story exist, they're intriguing.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I hate baggage reclaim... slightly surprised to see that Lisbon airport now has a bar in that part so you can drink while you wait. Problem is I had four mini bottles of wine on the plane... and I was pretty drunk when I got on.

luka

@luka has accomplished a sweep...

Can @catalog counter?
you have to understand that Arabs were wanderers of the desert back in ancient times while Bantus and cushites lived in the Middle East , Arabs never had a home, and were war ppl who moved around with swords, they settled in Arabia and Iraq.. etc and later invaded Egypt.. those traits of Arab and European Greek are just early invaders of Egypt, but the Africans built Egypt together with giants and ETs (known to you as aliens) when king KuFu and god NTU were present.. and mizraim from summeria.. you Arabs are imposters and whites are funny saying they lived in Egypt bcz the sun denies them

mvuent

Void Dweller
its called the day dostoyevsky discovered the meaning of life in a dream

@mvuent is doing a review of it on his blog
honestly i wasn't sold on this "parody of prose" stuff at first. i thought the ones about accountants were clever but at the same time i was worried that maybe working on a boat for a few months had somehow latently fried your brain. observation powers acute but aesthetic compass scrambled? but for me with the ones on the previous page the style opens up in a really appealing way, combining streamlined/simplified rhythm with characteristic lushness to brilliant results. a lot of great sounding lines e.g. A plaintive wind / struck up from the west. It caromed around the ruined tower.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
It's quite similar to Go, one strives to achieve dominion over the board by strategically positioning worthless place-holder posts that are empty of content (sometimes ironically referred to as poems) in precisely the right places to achieve maximum visibility etc
Almost approaches the status of a piece of performance art, put like that.

luka

its funny cos this will be remembered as one of the great poems of the modern era, a masterpiece, and people will be so amazed that its reception was 'mr tea' going whats this bollocks lets go back to talking about how puking on your chips. i dont mind though. i think thats a good origin story for a immortal masterpiece

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
its funny cos this will be remembered as one of the great poems of the modern era, a masterpiece, and people will be so amazed that its reception was 'mr tea' going whats this bollocks lets go back to talking about how puking on your chips. i dont mind though. i think thats a good origin story for a immortal masterpiece
There's a time and a place, is all.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Long we've tossed on the rolling main, now we're safe ashore, Jack.
Don't forget yer old shipmate, faldee raldee raldee raldee rye-eye-doe!