version

I sometimes wonder where we'd be now had Remain won. The amount of time, effort and money that could have been saved, the worst elements of the Tory party kept to the back benches.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Yeah this is the weird thing, Brexit was supposed to be independent of party but the Tories' grasp on government is entirely predicated on it. And yet Labor still back it.

IdleRich

IdleRich
And sixty off percent of the population has no major party that represents them on one of the most important issues.

IdleRich

IdleRich
What point is he trying to make?
Is he saying - trying to work through this - that we had immigrants who were prepared to work in bad conditions but they've left cos of Brexit and now British people are expected to do these jobs, but they don't want to work in those conditions for that pay, so they strike... and ultimately this is the fault of the EU and our membership thereof which brought immigration to do those jobs in the first place?

Or something else?

Honestly I can't even work out what his point is supposed to be.

Can you?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
What point is he trying to make?
Is he saying - trying to work through this - that we had immigrants who were prepared to work in bad conditions but they've left cos of Brexit and now British people are expected to do these jobs, but they don't want to work in those conditions for that pay, so they strike... and ultimately this is the fault of the EU and our membership thereof which brought immigration to do those jobs in the first place?

Or something else?

Honestly I can't even work out what his point is supposed to be.

Can you?
I think he's just blaming immigration from the EU for lots of jobs here having poor pay and conditions, and completely ignoring the fact that we left the EU several years ago.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I strongly suspect his claim that he "could write something witty and erudite" to be a bare-faced lie - a little like a short, fat, asthmatic boy telling a tall, strapping bully that he could totally beat him up if he wanted to, but can't be bothered right now.

luka

Rich how do you feel about brexit? WHY DONT YOU COME DOWN ON ONE SIDE OR THE OTHER? stop being so ambigous

• Haha
Reactions: Leo

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Yet another Remoaniac banging on about how Brexit has failed....

What's clearly needed is a reboot of UKIP with @luka in charge, who will then take the country by storm at the next election by a margin that will make the Tories' win in 2019 look like a close-run thing, and then do a real, proper Brexit, involving pre-emptive thermonuclear strikes on Brussels, Paris and Berlin if necessary.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Seems to me that Farage has quite some brassneck in that he spent years and years campaigning for Brexit, was instrumental in persuading people to vote for it and is a huge part of the reason that for the last decade or so the whole country has been completely divided, spending all of its time arguing about Brexit instead of actually doing anything worthwhile or constructive - to just casually mention in passing that Brexit has failed, without any kind of apology or similar blows my mind really. Has he no shame?

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
None more shameless

If JRM should ever happen to fall under a bus, god forbid, he could do worse that take Nigel with him, pair of fuckin weirdos. In previous ages they would already have been corrected as per Delbert Grady’s instructions

shakahislop

modern france has such a conservative culture. particularly when it comes to food. it's very rigid, traditional, resistant to change. which is a big part of its strength too. the uk / france divergence in the late 20th centuary in this respect is pretty interesting. seems mad now to think that france was once at the forefront of arts and culture.