IdleRich

IdleRich
Ten days in Serbia meant I didn't play football at all or squash obviously. I also abandoned my (very) basic daily routine of a few push-ups etc and every day I had between three and five brandies for breakfast, then spent the rest of the day throwing back beers until I stumbled into bed.

Back in Portugal, sober at last, taking stock. The difference to my body is palpable, almost frightening how quickly it's changed - maybe it's my age? - dunno how visible it is but just generally feel kinda looser all over, eight pack has become a six pack etc

Just in time for the beach, great. I guess it's gonna take me ages to get back to what I think of as normal. Football Monday evening will be the first step.

Funny how much this kind of thing affects your confidence, happiness... or maybe it's not funny, probably it's totally obvious, but you get used to looking and feeling a certain way and you think that's "you" and, on a level below thinking, you assume it will stay like that. Although that said, all the time I was away I was conscious that I was sort of letting myself slide, just trying not to think about it.

None of the above is to say I am/was super fit or anything, certainly not muscular/, but I don't like to have bits that wobble or aren't tight and my aim is to get rid of all such.

luka

he said his record is 15. so lets imagine hes doing 5 per set. 30 sets over the course of a day. if youve got nothing else on and youre just loitering around the house annoying your girlfriend while she works from home? i think its feasible.

william_kent

he said his record is 15. so lets imagine hes doing 5 per set. 30 sets over the course of a day. if youve got nothing else on and youre just loitering around the house annoying your girlfriend while she works from home? i think its feasible.

totally

I used to "train" under a master, and punishment would be 10 to 20 push ups, finger tips only - if you slacked you'd end up doing 200 in a two hour slot

there's a un broadcast channel five documentary where, if it had been shown, you could witness me collapsing from some weird frog leap plus star jumps plus finger tip only pushups punishment

linebaugh

Ive been getting to around 70 in the morning because I can do longer sets. Then I will have to do things and i will be sore and I kinda of slog my way to the rest in the afternoon

mvuent

Void Dweller
You can overdo them, you know. I've heard three sets of 25 is about optimal.
Actually I think Linebaugh’s routine is optimal. “Rest days” and “balancing muscle groups” are for wimps. You want to be doing push ups constantly, 24/7. Ideally you would just be doing push ups nonstop for the entire duration of your life.

linebaugh

Actually I think Linebaugh’s routine is optimal. “Rest days” and “balancing muscle groups” are for wimps. You want to be doing push ups constantly, 24/7. Ideally you would just be doing push ups nonstop for the entire duration of your life.
Yes it mimics the real stregth you would get if you were out on the plains living off the land; everything you do through out the day is an exercise. Reapiring your hut- thats 50 push ups. Dragging a dead animal back to camp- thats 30. Digging a hole to bury your dead- thats at least 50

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
In theory you could maybe hook up electrodes to your body to automatically actuate certain muscles, so you don’t need to be limited by your own feeble human willpower.

IdleRich

IdleRich
And that duration wouldn't be long so quite quickly it would get a lot easier.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Yes it mimics the real stregth you would get if you were out on the plains living off the land; everything you do through out the day is an exercise. Reapiring your hut- thats 50 push ups. Dragging a dead animal back to camp- thats 30. Digging a hole to bury your dead- thats at least 50
Thing is, if I had to live on the plains, off the land, in those circumstances I would just lie down and curl up into a ball, alternately moaning and wailing gently and waiting for death.