Status
Not open for further replies.

mixed_biscuits

* Chinese scientists
* Politicians
Look, Bertrand Russell, if politicians are untrustworthy, this prompts the selfsame scepticism.

As for safety, if you're youngish, it's probably better to catch it and act as a protective buffer afterwards.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Anyway, I'm sure we're all aware by now that "if you're young you'll have the sniffles for a days and then be right as rain" is horseshit, because people much younger than me have been turned into virtual vegetables by this bug.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Why take the risk? The best way to ensure you're not harmed by an infectious disease is not to catch it.

IdleRich

IdleRich
So you advocate"altruistically" developing a kind of personal herd immunity... but lose your fucking shit at the idea of altruistically wearing a mask or altruistically staying in for a couple of days to protect the olds?

that's a pretty genius comment, it must be said. ticks all the boxes, including some I never imagined (sunbathers!). I'd expect nothing less from 146 man.
Oh yes, sunbathing is VITAL for circulatory health. Vitamin D/cathelicidin and nitric oxide are produced by exposure to sunlight. COVID-19 is a disease of endothelial dysfunction and catastropic fibrinogen cascades that are aggravated by such dysfunction, so getting your nitric oxide right is important.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I linked you an article from Nature, which is a decent standard of proof but I'll bow out now. I assume you're just bored and trolling. We've all done it.
Close.... he's definitely trolling but far from bored; revved up to the max, wanking himself dry as each piece of gnomic pseudo-wisdom falls from his arse and on to the screen with a squelchy wet sound.

Oh yes, sunbathing is VITAL for circulatory health. Vitamin D/cathelicidin and nitric oxide are produced by exposure to sunlight. COVID-19 is a disease of endothelial dysfunction and catastropic fibrinogen cascades that are aggravated by such dysfunction, so getting your nitric oxide right is important.

4qgsxt.jpg

mixed_biscuits

mixed_biscuits

So you advocate"altruistically" developing a kind of personal herd immunity... but lose your fucking shit at the idea of altruistically wearing a mask or altruistically staying in for a couple of days to protect the olds?
These measures are implemented in a broad-brush way which causes more harm than good. Also, masks are a net negative as currently directed.

Leo

to say nothing about the health benefits of being charismatic!

Status
Not open for further replies.