Status
Not open for further replies.

luka

I've heard nothing about different strains. I thought it was all the same virus, it's more that it affects different people different ly

Mr Tea has speculated about this a bit. It mutates so you could in theory be infected with various different strains at the same time.

catalog

Someone like the who need to standardise the counting don't they? I mean they've not come up smelling of roses in this i don't think

Leo

Can someone explain why Germany has loads more cases but far fewer deaths? More rigorous testing?

don't know...did they perhaps do the social distancing/shelter in place/close businesses thing right away?

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
you lot have done well in this thread. few bits i never read anywhere else.

i got it, am on the mend i guess, but it's fucked my chest.

this is interesting
https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020...-analysis-covid19-data-science-bats-pangolins

Oh shit! Speedy recovery!

All those exotic animals from far flung regions being kept together in low hygene, close quarters. Only makes sense that their bacterias would be be mixing together. Crazy that this hasn't happened before when you put it like that.

Last edited:

catalog

Also hang on, but that link slackk posted suggests it's not necessarily due to the market? So not necessarily due to agricultural industrial acceleration? But more a one in a million type simultaneous instance in two different species meaning the virus could jump species? Only read it once like, but I feel like it's thickened the plot. I knew the market theory was a bit too good

luka

Time to stop smoking lads. That includes the spliffs. More of us are going to get this somewhere down the line.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
did anyone ever stop and think that we're the real virus?

I'm sure plenty of people have thought this! One that sticks in my mind is the vegan edgelord - or rather, edgelady - who wrote a piece that was published in VICE a few years ago, justifying her dietary choices by pretty much paraphrasing Agent Smith's "Humans are a disease" speech from The Matrix.

Now there are those who insist that population growth is a good thing per se, that it can and should continue indefinitely, and that anyone who disagrees is some monstrous "Malthusian fascist" and probably also a eugenicist. I think that's demonstrably absurd, but when people go so far the other way as to look favourably upon extinction - well, that's kind of fucked up in itself, but it's also worth bearing in mind that "humans are a disease" is only a cunt-hair away from "some humans are a disease", and we all know where that leads.

arbeit_macht_frei-dark.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.