Status
Not open for further replies.

hucks

Your Message Here
Sounds like a reasonable supposition, but I remember when this all started, a popular theory among the tinfoil hat community was that the Chinese authorities had deliberately released the virus. How killing a load of ordinary Han citizens, causing themselves widespread economic harm, and damaging China's already shaky reputation around the world is supposed to have benefited the CCP was left as an exercise to the reader.
Yeah it’s a shame that racists and lunatics have grabbed onto it too. But it doesn’t make it a bad starting point.
Also it 100% doesn’t mean it was done on purpose with some sort of

1 releases virus!
2 ????
3 profit!

type scheme on china’s part. A powerful authoritarian state fucked up, lied about it and caused damage for everyone. It happens.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Yeah it’s a shame that racists and lunatics have grabbed onto it too. But it doesn’t make it a bad starting point.
Also it 100% doesn’t mean it was done on purpose with some sort of

1 releases virus!
2 ????
3 profit!

type scheme on china’s part. A powerful authoritarian state fucked up, lied about it and caused damage for everyone. It happens.
Spot on use of the Underpants Gnomes meme.

But yeah, "A powerful authoritarian state fucked up, lied about it and caused damage for everyone" sums it up pretty well. The obvious precedent is Chernobyl, except this one is far worse.

vimothy

yurp
Sounds like a reasonable supposition, but I remember when this all started, a popular theory among the tinfoil hat community was that the Chinese authorities had deliberately released the virus. How killing a load of ordinary Han citizens, causing themselves widespread economic harm, and damaging China's already shaky reputation around the world is supposed to have benefited the CCP was left as an exercise to the reader.
I remember when all this started, a popular theory was that the existence of the virus and its threat as such only existed in the minds of the tin foil hat community. seems like a long time ago!

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I remember when all this started, a popular theory was that the existence of the virus and its threat as such only existed in the minds of the tin foil hat community. seems like a long time ago!
Eh? I remember lots of basically sane people taking it pretty seriously right from the start.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Maybe I'm less plugged into the world of racist tech bros than some others here, but I think I'm OK with that.

version

Screenshot-from-2021-08-19-15-43-58.png

Reactions: Leo

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Well then I'm confused about the motives of the designers. You'd think that by including the DHHS / CDC logo and website at the bottom, they would want to legitimize the poster, at least in the eyes of the passersby who take mere moments to look at it. But the tone of the message is blatantly illegitimate, if even what many of us are thinking.

If it weren't for those gov't logos, the posters would seem even more inciting, but then again they are still inciting and pointed as they are, and might cause people to associate these feelings with the gov't bodies.

version

Depends whether they're fake posters that have actually been put up or whether it's just the image that's faked.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
This is noteworthy. Some protesters attempted - apparently successfully - to shut down a vaccination centre in (where else?) Bristol today. I guess "my body, my choice" can easily be extended to "your body, my choice."

Note the police presence, such as it is. Clearly the "light touch" approach is appropriate for a situation like this, where right-wing extremists are merely preventing people from accessing life-saving medicine during a pandemic, in contrast to a public order emergency that threatens the very existence of the state and which warrants sending in the stormtroopers to crack heads and drag miscreants away by their hair, such as a vigil for a woman murdered by an off-duty cop, for instance.

wild greens

wild greens

Can't be bothered to find the post but there was something in here last week about Hungary's vaccine situation being largely pointless & loads of infections. They've been using Sinopharm mostly

There you go. Shite.
Been going on for ages. They're both pretty shit it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.