Status
Not open for further replies.

version

Has anyone heard anything about how long it's expected boosters will be recommended for? The prospect of regular shots is concerning, particularly given the side effects some people have experienced and how much of an unknown quantity the vaccines are in general.

Leo

people have gotten annual flu shots for decades and haven't grown a second head.

flu shots usually change each time, based on how the seasonal flu has evolved. I supposed that makes them untested/unknown as well.

Leo

everyone, myself included, would like to be done with vaccines. guess it depends on how much the virus mutates. over time, I'm sure there'll be drop off in the number of people who get boosters, then we'll get to see how necessary they really are.

mixed_biscuits

A crucial thing will be ascertaining whether waning vaccine-derived immunity is worse (but still better than being unvaxxed) because it's weaker or whether it's leading to antibody dependent enhancement, putting the waningly immune at more risk than the unvaccinated.

Leo

A crucial thing will be ascertaining whether waning vaccine-derived immunity is worse (but still better than being unvaxxed) because it's weaker or whether it's leading to antibody dependent enhancement, putting the waningly immune at more risk than the unvaccinated.

That's a legit concern.

mixed_biscuits

Another suboptimal outcome is the vaccinated blithely passing new, more virulent strains among themselves that would be fatal to the unvaccinated, the immune-compromised and some randomly determined proportion of the vaxxed - the vaxxed would then be the hazards but would be somewhat put out to be quarantined while the now pure and virtuous unvaxxed roam free.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Another suboptimal outcome is the vaccinated blithely passing new, more virulent strains among themselves that would be fatal to the unvaccinated, the immune-compromised and some randomly determined proportion of the vaxxed - the vaxxed would then be the hazards but would be somewhat put out to be quarantined while the now pure and virtuous unvaxxed roam free.

giphy.gif

luka

it was the far-right troll @vimothy who got me into Hitchens.

the introduction of compelled speech, through the forced wearing of face coverings which publicly signal both surrender to the state and acceptance of the utopian, unscientific policy which guides that state.

I have been in some trouble for supposedly making too much of the last of these. Perhaps because I have spent so much time living or travelling in despotisms, I understand the point and nature of mass propaganda better than those who have not. It is not there to make you agree with it. It is there to tell you that you are powerless against it, and must listen without protest to official lying.

It is increasingly a disadvantage in any debate to know anything about the subject under discussion. This obvious aspect of the facemask decrees has so far eluded those who have only just begun to live as citizens of a servile state. Yet I remain amazed that so many either cannot see, or pretend not to see the enormous symbolism of a population compelled by fear of the state to sacrifice much of their individuality, and to adopt a form of dress which is associated with submission. I sometimes wonder where all the amateur Freudians are, normally so ready to offer me analysis of my failings, at moments such as this. A cigar is sometimes merely a cigar, but a mask is seldom just a mask.

Status
Not open for further replies.