Status
Not open for further replies.

constant escape

winter withered, warm

I have not, nor am I even familiar with Simon Reynolds, beyond maybe some essay about ccru.

I have trouble appreciating the significance of this, perhaps because I have yet to prioritize music in terms of research/contemplation. But if any of his essays can provide a nice introduction to components/veins in this Hardcore Continuum, then at least I'l be able to better appreciate much of the conversation here.

-

version - even if I haven't read any of Pynchon yet?

sadmanbarty

I have not, nor am I even familiar with Simon Reynolds, beyond maybe some essay about ccru.

I have trouble appreciating the significance of this, perhaps because I have yet to prioritize music in terms of research/contemplation. But if any of his essays can provide a nice introduction to components/veins in this Hardcore Continuum, then at least I'l be able to better appreciate much of the conversation here.

-

version - even if I haven't read any of Pynchon yet?

Do you like Star Wars?

IdleRich

IdleRich
Constant - Recognitions is kinda like a proto-Pynchon to my mind, another huge slab of a book with millions of characters and locations and so on.

constant escape

winter withered, warm
Constant - Recognitions is kinda like a proto-Pynchon to my mind, another huge slab of a book with millions of characters and locations and so on.

Well that, as well as the above trinity comment, is enough to secure its promise. I wonder, though, how easy it is to find a copy of (might be willing to hold off the attainment of it, in order to allow the glory of stumbling across it, finally securing it, etc).

I don't mean to derail this thread any further, but I appreciate the suggestions.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Well that, as well as the above trinity comment, is enough to secure its promise. I wonder, though, how easy it is to find a copy of (might be willing to hold off the attainment of it, in order to allow the glory of stumbling across it, finally securing it, etc).
I don't mean to derail this thread any further, but I appreciate the suggestions.
Fair point... but, I don't know how hard it is to get that book, I have a copy that a friend left at my flat. But in general I hear what you're saying about finding books, when I lived in England my reading habits were - not fully dictated, but - certainly influenced by what I could find in charity shops.

constant escape

winter withered, warm
Fair point... but, I don't know how hard it is to get that book, I have a copy that a friend left at my flat. But in general I hear what you're saying about finding books, when I lived in England my reading habits were - not fully dictated, but - certainly influenced by what I could find in charity shops.

Similar to what I've heard from a vinyl enthusiast, about the search substantiating some good part of the satisfaction, etc.

Plus, what someone here mentioned, the possibility of finding something you didn't know you were searching for.

Status
Not open for further replies.