Status
Not open for further replies.

craner

Beast of Burden
Barry Island made the national news on the weekend, as it was the busiest it's ever been there. Hundreds of people queuing up to buy fish and chips at Boofy's. The town I live in disgraced the entire country and ensured we got locked down.

catalog

just been to asda again. slightly odder vibe now, they have put masking tape crosses outside and they have people with masks directing you in and out. you come out a different way. they've got everything once you are in though, only thing we couldnt find was frozen raspberries (had to get cranberries instead). it's sort of comedic, as people are in masks and fiddling with their hand gel, sort of not, as a lot of people are coughing/sneezing.

luka

It's a commonplace sentiment. It won't cost them any support. Their supporters all share that as an article of faith. As patty said, what if we're the virus man?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
It's a commonplace sentiment. It won't cost them any support. Their supporters all share that as an article of faith. As patty said, what if we're the virus man?

Yeah I know, that's what I was just thinking of. Although I should sincerely by no means all their supporters/members think like this - wonder if ome, 'our man in XR', has any comment on this?

It may not cost them support but I doubt it's going to win them any, either.

catalog

The sewers were built because of cholera, ultimately, following John Snow's work in Soho. He closed down public water pumps during an outbreak, ending it very quickly and had a pub in Broad Street named after him. He proved it wasn't a miasma or the result of a funny look, but was, in fact, waterborne.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2013/mar/15/john-snow-cholera-map

I thought that pub (the Sam Smith one right?) was to do with the newsreader, but also thought, how could it be? What a twat I am.

kumar

wont be shedding many tears for tim martin if it gets him but i hope the bloke who owns sam smith makes it through this intact, couldnt believe it when my mate actually got told off by bar staff for saying pussy

catalog

i really like sam smiths pubs, its like they are 'proper' cos you get a good mix of people, and its serious drinking. but i've heard the guy who owns them is also a twat

Status
Not open for further replies.