Status
Not open for further replies.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Can see the attraction, but the paranoia would indeed be horrendous. Closer to the overriding mood though. It's like with OCD - in one way all this makes it worse, and in another way totally validates all the fears

What did it actually say about the effects of cholera, Craner?

luka

Can see the attraction, but the paranoia would indeed be horrendous. Closer to the overriding mood though. It's like with OCD - in one way all this makes it worse, and in another way totally validates all the fears

What did it actually say about the effects of cholera, Craner?

I think it would be altogether too close to reality. At times like this it's essential to keep a healthy distance.

craner

Beast of Burden
"Now a new terror appeared - cholera, which first struck Great Britain from the East in 1832 and claimed some 18,000 dead. The victim was seized with violent stomach pains and vomiting; his body became cold and his skin blue. Sometimes it killed within two hours. There was, for example, the Earl of Claredon's maid-servant, who sat down to a gooseberry fool in the evening and was brought out in a coffin in the morning. The germ could be carried in water or by contact with excrement, and in slums without drainage or pure water supply cholera could spread with terrifying rapidity. Against this, medical science was almost entirely helpless. 'What is cholera?' asked the Lancet in 1853. 'Is it a fungus, an insect, a miasma, an electrical disturbance, a deficiency of ozone, a morbid off-scouring from the intestinal canal? We know nothing: we are at sea in a whirlpool of conjecture."

luka

I thought I had it last night. I suddenly developed a sore throat and snotting. Hopefully it was a delayed onset reaction to the dusting but if you don't hear from me for a few days that's what's happened. Seem alright at the moment but it doesn't do to be complacent.

luka

Bartys upstairs neighbour has got it. And he's been touching the same door knobs and everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.