luka

this is a headie one instrumental. its great, but headie's such a bad rapper i never listen to it. so nice to haev someone else on it.

hexing female vocals. wiccan music. bubbling potion fumes from a cauldron. a bit like 'holy water' by the game

its lost that widescreen scope; you can hear the uk ness in it. the bass lurches again; t2 heartbroken.

also wiley-esque nintendo samples in the background. "tetris"

stalling flow that then will go off beat and act like a reggae skank.

I actually never liked the instrumental ghouls and goblins not exciting next

luka

Dreaming has the runaway train kinetics I like about uk drill. One of my things has always been momentum. It's a big thing for me it makes me really happy. Forward momentum.

sadmanbarty

jamaica has a long, long tradition of vocal gimmick and silliness.

i've said before that mumble rap is in some sense reintroducing the elements of jamaican toasting that were taken out when it was transformed into US rap.

luka

i've said before that mumble rap is in some sense reintroducing the elements of jamaican toasting that were taken out when it was transformed into US rap.

When my conservative rep fan mate listened to young thug he surprised me by liking it and slotting it into the 'sing-jay' tradition

luka

sadmanbarty

this has an aspirational quality that we don't have in the uk. prosperity theology.

the sexuality in this is far more wholesome and pleasant than the dingy, emotionally scarring sexuality in drill. am's lyrics about having sex with ugly girls. the routine turning down of vaginal sex and only getting head.

this is much nicer.

sadmanbarty

got the hollywood samurai riding on horseback riding against the sunset backdrop on a hilltop thing again with this one..

luka

this has an aspirational quality that we don't have in the uk. prosperity theology.

the sexuality in this is far more wholesome and pleasant than the dingy, emotionally scarring sexuality in drill. am's lyrics about having sex with ugly girls. the routine turning down of vaginal sex and only getting head.

this is much nicer.

U.K. Drill sex is weird power over sensuality rapey-ness

sadmanbarty

"send them to heaven"

an oriental mafioso sound. yakuza music.

great bass lurches on this one.

luke's forward momentum on this.

less murky as well. like stepping out in the fresh air after spending all night in skunk filled flat. vision's all clear. going to start drinking a litre of water a day. go jogging. i'll improve my life.