Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Come to think of it I've noticed a similar lack of taste in people I know IRL who are high earning good looking Hawaiian shirt wearing socialites. Very bland house and techno.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Which in turn reminds me that when I was on holiday in Cyprus getting drunk by a swimming pool I started really enjoying this incredibly bland Ibiza targeting house music. It sounded amazing out there.

But can it do it on a rainy night in Stoke?

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I venture there's a direct correlation between the number of exotic holidays you go on a year and how lax your musical standards are.

luka

I venture there's a direct correlation between the number of exotic holidays you go on a year and how lax your musical standards are.

You've hit on something there that will transform science and our understanding of ourselves I reckon

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Not sure where this fountain of usefulness came from.

I've had a really shit day at work so maybe it's the unhappiness at work.

OH CRUEL IRONY

entertainment

there is so much overconsumption on ilx

it's alright to not give a fuck about Peggy Gou or The 1975, you don't have to forcefeed yourself

it's decadent

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I think some journos are trained like lab rats to have a "take" on everything.

What's your take on Taylor Swift's new video? Oh you haven't got one? No wages for you this week.

luka

I think some journos are trained like lab rats to have a "take" on everything.

What's your take on Taylor Swift's new video? Oh you haven't got one? No wages for you this week.

Particularly now with Twitter which is like unpaid but compulsory work for them. The most joyless Twitter feeds are those of freelance music journalist. Endless forced opinions on trivia. Decadent, as entertainment said.

I remember when you were writing reviews Corpsey and id knock on your mums door and say is Jack allowed out to play and she'd say "no he has to stay in and listen to this completely disposable new pusha t mixtape that no one is going to care less about in three days from now cos he has to write a review of it"

sufi

lala
Same here I think. This thread spawned from browsing a dating app and being confronted with this endless stream of genuinely smiling people who love travelling and cooking and dogs and maybe there's a funny picture with a drink.

I should go outside but it's raining.
At this moment on the weekend i went outdoors into the hurricane to investigate how the shed was doing, carried out running repairs and felt like i was on a ship in the middle of a storm, lashing down the mainbrace etc the wind teariing stuff out of my hands, buckets of rain from every direction, got back in drenched and very happy

i was gonna post about that at the time but it felt like gloating, seems that now is the time for that gloat: get in the effing garden you miserable losers :D

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Wasn't Reynolds latest article for RA all themed around Joni Mitchell telling us to get in the garden?

Spooky

luka

At this moment on the weekend i went outdoors into the hurricane to investigate how the shed was doing, carried out running repairs and felt like i was on a ship in the middle of a storm, lashing down the mainbrace etc the wind teariing stuff out of my hands, buckets of rain from every direction, got back in drenched and very happy

i was gonna post about that at the time but it felt like gloating, seems that now is the time for that gloat: get in the effing garden you miserable losers :D

Only millionaires and I love music users can afford gardens

craner

Beast of Burden
That's what we've been telling you. He fantasises about being one of them but he knows in his heart of hearts he's one of us. A reject from society. An outcast. A degenerate.

I am very, very loyal to this forum. Like, if one of those ILM wankers attacked one of our lot, I’d be right there in our corner, even if they were after Mr. Tea.