william_kent

And cheese.

my one visit to the flyover states was Wisconsin, famed for it's cheese

I remember being slightly nervous as I approached "border control" at Heathrow with this stashed in my luggage

chsh1058-beer-shape-cheese-4oz-verns-wisconsin.jpg

"Wisconsin Cheddar"

edit: I can also vaguely recall being shocked at the proliferation of "spray on" butter and "cheese' available at the Walmart

• Love
Reactions: sus

Leo

my one visit to the flyover states was Wisconsin, famed for it's cheese

I remember being slightly nervous as I approached "border control" at Heathrow with this stashed in my luggage

chsh1058-beer-shape-cheese-4oz-verns-wisconsin.jpg

"Wisconsin Cheddar"

edit: I can also vaguely recall being shocked at the proliferation of "spray on" butter and "cheese' available at the Walmart

1680873394558.jpeg

version

It's not strange, really, but there's an American archetype I don't think there's a snappy name for but which I'm convinced is real. I'm talking about a particular type of middle-aged American man who's seen as cool and clever and aloof in a grounded, everyman sort of way, e.g. the Steely Dan guys, Warren Zevon, Harry Dean Stanton, John Lurie.

You could chuck in people like Bill Murray and Norm Macdonald too, although Bill Murray's a bit too overtly eccentric at times. Tom Waits is almost one, but he tries too hard. Steven Wright. Elmore Leonard.

The dress sense is important. They don't care about looking good or cool, which adds to people's impression of their coolness. Scruffy suits, sports caps, maybe balding with not much effort to do anything about it or hide it, shirts and jeans, dad trainers.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I saw a drinking contest type thing today. In the US of course. The contestants had a sort of glass bucket fitted tightly around their neck or possibly around the bottom of their head I dunno. Anyway, then their "friends" filled the bucket with I guess about five or six pints of lager and the athletes had to drink as fast as possible with the aim of getting the beer level below their nose before they drowned.

I saw a lot of comments on the video, mainly along the lines of "freeedommmm!" or "real men doing a proper sport" etc but the one that made me think to mention it here was someone saying "This is the most American thing I've ever seen and I'm American".

sus

I saw a drinking contest type thing today. In the US of course. The contestants had a sort of glass bucket fitted tightly around their neck or possibly around the bottom of their head I dunno. Anyway, then their "friends" filled the bucket with I guess about five or six pints of lager and the athletes had to drink as fast as possible with the aim of getting the beer level below their nose before they drowned.

I saw a lot of comments on the video, mainly along the lines of "freeedommmm!" or "real men doing a proper sport" etc but the one that made me think to mention it here was someone saying "This is the most American thing I've ever seen and I'm American".
link please 😆

IdleRich

IdleRich
Ooh here is one on YouTube.

Now I'm sure you all spotted the weakness in the system and you will all agree that it would be better if the helmet had a lid on it. At the moment, if someone (some fucking pussy, probably French) feels that they are not going to manage then they can simply tilt their head and tip the beer away, allowing them to breathe.

But in my version the beer helmet would have a lid that sank along with the level of the beer and which would prevent any spillage resulting from tilting the head. It would also make the challenge much more interesting cos anyone who failed to drink fast enough would certainly die, removing their lightweight genes from the genepool and thus improving humanity and better preparing the race for the future.

The only problem is of course what if someone drowns but they have already had children? Well, sadly the stupid rules of modern, cucked society prevent us from hunting them down and putting them out of their misery but luckily they will likely be too weak and soft to fend for themselves so hopefully they won't last long after seeing their parents drowned in bud light.

• Haha
Reactions: sus

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
The only problem is of course what if someone drowns but they have already had children? Well, sadly the stupid rules of modern, cucked society prevent us from hunting them down and putting them out of their misery but luckily they will likely be too weak and soft to fend for themselves so hopefully they won't last long after seeing their parents drowned in bud light.
They get a chance to redeem themselves by undertaking the same challenge. Except instead of beer it's Ribena or something. I mean, we're not monsters, are we.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
It's occurred to me don't ask how that Americans must have a much more intense relationship with p0rn, the majority of which is American, because the voices of the wailing actors must sound like those of their friends, family and colleagues.

I don't think I'd be comfortable watching British p0rn, with cries of "Bloody ell!" "My bloody willy!" And "good lord, what a gasm"!