luka

London, for the first time in my life, feels like a neglected backwater. It's a thoroughly dead city. No economic activity, no people on the streets, no fun being had, no naughtiness. No money.

subvert47

I don't fight, I run away
Really is a contemptible coward

from three years ago:

Moya Lothian McLean said:
Keir doesn’t particularly stand for anything. Instead, his tenure as Labour leader has so far been marked by profound cowardice and fence-sitting.

Keir’s responses to these issues are all of the same ilk. First, there is conspicuous silence, amid rising tensions and pleas for leadership. Eventually, he breaks that silence with a tepid statement that pleases no one on either side of the divide. He does not lead proactively; he reacts, passively.

and then calls that "leadership"

a "humanitarian pause" ffs 🙄

F_ArSFYWUAA1NJY

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
from three years ago:

and then calls that "leadership"

a "humanitarian pause" ffs 🙄
Well we've gone from Mr "Friends in Hamas" to someone who can't even call for a ceasefire during an ongoing genocide.

Why can't Labour just be led by someone normal?

DannyL

Wild Horses
Lol, the comments thread is pretty much exactly what you'd expect, complete with dark mutterings about "Rothschilds" and some dude who thinks even Novara itself was part of the grand cosmic anti-Corbyn conspiracy:

Prediction: this will go absolutely nowhere.

Starmer's biggest fuck up to date yesterday, why not talk about that instead?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
normal people don't go into politics.
That's probably true, but as my Palestinian mate pointed out the other day, Ol' Pigfucker getting back into cabinet politics as Foreign Sec is, bizarrely, not the worst thing that could have happened:

New foreign secretary David Cameron has previously called Gaza “a prison camp” and has criticised Israel’s ”illegal” settlements in Palestinian territory.

On a visit to Turkey in 2010 the former Conservative prime minister said: “Gaza cannot and must not be allowed to remain a prison camp.”

version

For all the talk of Starmer being whatever he is, Lynch thinks people should "hold their nose" and vote Labour and I think he's right.

maxi

Lol, the comments thread is pretty much exactly what you'd expect, complete with dark mutterings about "Rothschilds" and some dude who thinks even Novara itself was part of the grand cosmic anti-Corbyn conspiracy:

This guy didnt say its part of a cosmic conspiracy though did he. He said Novara "played a role in giving credence to the idea Corbyn allowed racism into the party" which is actually true, i remember their coverage at the time. They were soft on the fake antisemitism crisis.

I happened to watch this yesterday as its relevant again with how the palestine protests and corbyns involvement are being characterised. Its a thorough and comprehensive takedown of all the smears and how and why they were used (including the "friends in hamas" debacle). if you have an hour to spare...

Jamie stern weiners written well on this and theres a good book called "bad news for labour" that goes through all the details. It was a campaign to destroy any chance of a left wing and pro palestine government and its sad to see people still going along with the smears, but they were drummed into peoples heads effectively I guess, so much that even novara didnt fight it well enough.