The Weather.

sufi

lala
My allotment neighbour was on about how the weather is controlled - i proposed that the covid summer of 2022 was suspiciously good weather, but he says that's cos they switched off the chem trails (while they were faking the pandemic)
so there we are
i told him its a good job that we allotment growers cultivate our own food, he says it's all toxic and manipulated😭

version

tenor.gif

sufi

lala
The last snowfall this winter didnt cause the usual overblown media panic and whingeing about degraded transport, chilly grannies, xenophobic pressure fronts, chronic social disfunction etc,
Dunno if this one will be different, seems like they have been busily working up to it for a few days already
It's a yellow warning dont eat that snow

you

Tabloid xenophobia extends to weather. Climate conditions are 'beasts from the east' or 'weather bombs'. Like a demented veteran plagued by paranoia and fearful of anything beyond their faded sitting room. 'Plucky Londoners and Gritty Brits brave the beast from the east' 'Weather bomb rocks Surrey'. Re-living some Blitz trauma dream.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Tabloid xenophobia extends to weather. Climate conditions are 'beasts from the east' or 'weather bombs'. Like a demented veteran plagued by paranoia and fearful of anything beyond their faded sitting room.
'Beast From The East' is pathetic, though. If I were the editor it would the BASTARD SNOWSTORM FROM BASTARD RUSSIA.

Reactions: you

you

'Beast From The East', is pathetic, though. If I were the editor it would the BASTARD SNOWSTORM FROM BASTARD RUSSIA.
"Mummy, the children at school are saying the snow has claws and fangs..."
"Don't worry yourself with that playground talk.... bolt the door now would you?"

Leo

Is it really still surprising that we live in a media hype world, where everything is exaggerated to attrack clicks and eyeballs?

sufi

lala
Is it really still surprising that we live in a media hype world, where everything is exaggerated to attack clicks and eyeballs?
it was surprising when they didnt make a huge fuss when it snowed earlier in the year, maybe the panic meteorologists were slow on the uptake that time

Reactions: Leo

luka

Tabloid xenophobia extends to weather. Climate conditions are 'beasts from the east' or 'weather bombs'. Like a demented veteran plagued by paranoia and fearful of anything beyond their faded sitting room. 'Plucky Londoners and Gritty Brits brave the beast from the east' 'Weather bomb rocks Surrey'. Re-living some Blitz trauma dream.
what are you on!

DLaurent

This park lake I fish, over autumn it silts up with all the leaves that fall in, loses about a foot of depth, then as the weather warms up, they all lift to the top and look like tar. It 'poisons' the water and the fish don't feed, so I'm hoping this cold snap settles it and the next spell of mild weather will mean hungry and feeding fish.

Benny Bunter

It will come about that every living creature which swarms in every place where the river goes, will live. And there will be very many fish, for these waters go there and the others become fresh; so everything will live where the river goes. And it will come about that fishermen will stand beside it; from Engedi to Eneglaim there will be a place for the spreading of nets. Their fish will be according to their kinds, like the fish of the Great Sea, very many.