The Weather.

Benny Bunter

Hasn't rained here at all for about six weeks, wouldn't mind a bit of rain now. Nice big thunderstorm is brewing hopefully.

luka

i said its cold edmund, he said im just happy its not raining and that very instant he said it started raining

IdleRich

IdleRich
it's the worst spring ever here, feels like i'm in mordor
This is another one where I've been wondering what you mean for ages, so why not just ask.... does that mean that it's a miserable gloomy cold Mordor, or is it like a hellishly hot Mordor spring?

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
This is another one where I've been wondering what you mean for ages, so why not just ask.... does that mean that it's a miserable gloomy cold Mordor, or is it like a hellishly hot Mordor spring?
It's mostly a lack of sun and grey skies days and days and days on end. Combined with cold and moist nights that makes your bones shiver.

Benny Bunter

@Benny B is it really that dry in spain? been hearing it on the news, do you still have water?
Yep, hasn't rained for months here in Andalucía, apart from a little shower one night a few weeks ago. All the rivers are dry. Hottest April on record, hit 40 degrees a couple of weeks ago. I guess they'll have to put heavy restrictions on water use this summer.

Apparently in Catalonia it's even worse though, it hasn't rained properly for two and a half years, agriculture totally fucked.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
Yep, hasn't rained for months here in Andalucía, apart from a little shower one night a few weeks ago. All the rivers are dry. Hottest April on record, hit 40 degrees a couple of weeks ago. I guess they'll have to put heavy restrictions on water use this summer.

Apparently in Catalonia it's even worse though, it hasn't rained properly for two and a half years, agriculture totally fucked.
sounds frightening really. you should move, the whole area will be a desert in a decade

Benny Bunter

I know, just been talking about that actually. Was thinking about that Ballard novel the drowned world.
The spring lasts about a month nowadays then you're plunged straight into the summer.