The Weather.

catalog

That's mad, I remember being on a big bridge in seville, to go to this modern art gallery in an old monastery on the other side, it was June and the middle of the day, we were walking over, no one else about, and got halfway and we really didn't know if we could carry on. Searing heat and absolutely exposed, all the sensible people chilling indoors.

Benny Bunter

Yeah, it's insane, I used to have to cross that bridge (or the one up from it) to go to and from work every day before the pandemic, imagine what that was like at the height of summer at 4 in the afternoon.

Fuck knows why anyone would come here as a tourist in the summer, anyone who actually lives here and is able escapes to the beach for as long as possible, or stays in the house all day with the air con on full blast.

Benny Bunter

Just been reading around and it's arguably the hottest city in Europe. They've even started naming the heatwaves like they do with hurricanes, dunno what the latest one was called though - "El scorchio"?

Benny Bunter

A couple of years ago I remember stepping out into the street at about 4 o'clock in the afternoon in August to go and buy bread - it was a windy day and the street thermometer said 45, so it was like someone holding a hairdryer in your face at full blast. Surreal experience.

catalog

I remember getting off the train from malaga, it was about 6pm and got out of air conditioned carriage and thought the heat was something to do with train, got out of station and it was ridiculous. At 6pm

luka

Yep, hasn't rained for months here in Andalucía, apart from a little shower one night a few weeks ago. All the rivers are dry. Hottest April on record, hit 40 degrees a couple of weeks ago. I guess they'll have to put heavy restrictions on water use this summer.

Apparently in Catalonia it's even worse though, it hasn't rained properly for two and a half years, agriculture totally fucked.
lmao your all guna die

luka

tbh though ive lived in sydney and for 6 years, 40 degrees sounds bad but its actally a laugh. its no big deal.

version

I really need to live somewhere warmer and sunnier, I feel like a new man whenever the weather improves. And that's even with taking vitamin D supplements in the colder months. It's clearly no replacement for actually getting outside when the sun's decent.

Leo

I know English people who have changed noticeably after moving to a new continent, in particular US and Spain. Some of them become more relaxed, less cranky and cynical. Sunshine will do that to you. Except I could never live in Southern California because I'd never want to stay in and work when every day is 72 and sunny