version

I recently read someone say they couldn't take Bane in The Dark Knight Rises seriously after someone pointed out he sounds like Stephen Fry speaking into a yoghurt pot. Someone else said he sounds like Sean Connery voicing Optimus Prime.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Yeah that voice was ridiculous. OTOH it's certainly memorable. Maybe he was going for a similarly memorable voice to Ledger.

version

What prompted you to go see it? I still haven't even seen Interstellar and Dunkirk. Just the thought of them sucks the life out of me.

craner

Beast of Burden
It was after the first lock down and my girlfriend wanted to go to the cinema. It was literally the only thing on.

version

Seen speculation Nolan nicked the idea from Pynchon as there's a copy of GR on someone's shelf in Interstellar and you get the following toward the end of the book,

"...Part of a reverse world whose agents run around with guns which are like vacuum cleaners operating in the direction of life -- pull the trigger and bullets are sucked back out of the recently dead into the barrel, and the Great Irreversible is actually reversed as the corpse comes to life to the accompaniment of a back-wards gunshot (you can imagine what drug ravaged and mindless idea of fun the daily sound editing on this turns out to be). Titles flash on..."

version

I just read the plot on Wikipedia and it sounds ridiculous, lots of people fighting themselves without knowing it's them because they've gone back in time to fight themselves.

version

He's probably right tbh. He's huge. Surely loads of people would have gone to see "the new Christopher Nolan film" under normal circumstances?