luka

Stan uses the forum in a very unique way. He never reads any posts but his own. Parallel play I call it. I admire it.

version

He looks completely ridiculous as Poirot.

1419c68b62849a30d5e2dd645b0ed2c6c1-10-kenneth-branagh.rsquare.w700.jpg

boxedjoy

because I don't really pay attention to cinema or watch films I spent the longest time thinking Dunkirk was a Batman prequel with Harry Styles as the young Bruce because in the Nolan universe that would make sense

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
Sound design =/= graphic design

Yinyang/Yangying

Decadent style magazine aesthetics into music video aesthetics into sound design, seeping back into graphic design fdbckloop. Object singularity hinted at by the sound as physical object comment in the other thread. Socio political currents interwoven: genderfvck

Chris Cunningham, Aphex, Bjork, Matthew Barney, Rick Owens, Alexander McQueen, 90s minimalism, Grace Jones, I-D, The Face

What else?

Last edited:

luka

do you remember when version said hey guys i found this cool new artist Lorenzo Senni, check him out i hope you like it too. and we all ganged up on him and said this is degenerate filth you rotten animal

DLaurent

I don't like graphic design very much but do enjoy design or art with a sense of the physical. Always wanted a Harry Bertoia chair. I like Jean Tinguely's sculptures that move on their own. Or Richard Lippolds collaborative sculptures with John Cage. Weird films like Stan Vanderbeek.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Sound design =/= graphic design

Chris Cunningham, Aphex, Bjork, Matthew Barney, Rick Owens, Alexander McQueen, 90s minimalism, Grace Jones, I-D, The Face

What else?
SOPHIE. FKA Twigs. Kelela.

Probably have mentioned all these names upthread somewhere.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
do you remember when version said hey guys i found this cool new artist Lorenzo Senni, check him out i hope you like it too. and we all ganged up on him and said this is degenerate filth you rotten animal

Dipped his toes in the katabasian sewers for a while but then flipped the whole thing upside down and now look at him. A leading light

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I like all those artists, but it's interesting to consider how much more successful you can be in the music press if you look interesting and have music that a conceptual analysis can be hung on.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Like I instinctively feel Arca must be more interesting an artist than say Andy Stott because Andy Stott looks like what Luka would say is a paste person.

It's no wonder you get people like Burial and Zomby (and Aphex, actually) who skulk in the shadows or behind masks.