Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Isn't it a grotesque distortion of his actual face? Or he's pulling a grotesque face. If he just sat there and got photographed you'd think this guy looks like he works at Games Workshop.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
Rick_Owens_by_Danielle_Levitt.png

Look at Rick Owens

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I'm sort of in favour of it really, I hate seeing a picture of a producer of some tune I've really loved and they look like the dictionary definition of "some bloke".

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Rap music became very fashionista in recent years, presumably under Kanye's influence. Not sure that's the same thing as graphic design exactly.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Does make me wonder what the internet's role in this is. Like what kind of look sticks out on an Instagram feed, for example.

But it's hard to say cos fashion has always changed quickly under the media spotlight, possibly the internet just accelerated it.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
Rap music became very fashionista in recent years, presumably under Kanye's influence. Not sure that's the same thing as graphic design exactly.

Once the money was gained in the Puffy era the next step was to swim in it. Started off with Armani and moved on to Comme des Garçons

Last edited:

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
I'm sort of in favour of it really, I hate seeing a picture of a producer of some tune I've really loved and they look like the dictionary definition of "some bloke".

Does make me wonder what the internet's role in this is. Like what kind of look sticks out on an Instagram feed, for example.

But it's hard to say cos fashion has always changed quickly under the media spotlight, possibly the internet just accelerated it.

The Internet democratised pro presentation. This kind of style mostly existed on catwalks and in magazines before now. Beauty and the money to be able to afford the clothes mark the hierarchy

luka

the internet did and it also facilitated fashion coming to the high st which is absolutely huge. the hipster was disseminated by h&m and topshop

luka

people were always interested in clothes but it was more ground up rather than the top down wear what we tell you to model that came in with the high st fashion era

luka

the thing about the hipster thing is it was fashion democratised. everyone could wear it cos h&m was selling it at £13 per item.

luka

there were different tribes in the olden days like the pristine white reebok classic, ralph lauren shirt plus burlington jacket crew. definitetly cared about clothes in a big way but it was a different thing.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
there were different tribes in the olden days like the pristine white reebok classic, ralph lauren shirt plus burlington jacket crew. definitetly cared about clothes in a big way but it was a different thing.

The younger generation swerved toward the avant but remain stunted. Now they read thinkpieces on sneaker collectors and get exited about new Yeezy drops. It's the old world through an infantilised lens.

luka

on the other hand theyre way more intelligent than us and they know everything in the universe. i often think of that great thunberg quote when i think of the young internet reared people. autism is my superpower.