Bedroom Techno

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
haven't listened anything from luke slater past that first EP as clementine yet. seems like a major figure in this kind of music tho.

(i've thought about making a thread trying to map out the "softcore continuum" for a while but i guess that side of things didn't advance in the same way that hardcore did.)

foss' art is from the same universe as this music for sure.

he actually made more hardcore than softcore, funnily enough.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
This is a staggeringly beautiful piece of music with a stupid comedy title:

the orb aren't really in the same scene though, the stuff we're talking about is neo-detroit (or american more rather) abstraction. Dan Curtin from Ohio also made some really beautiful records.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
another one for when all the meth/speed you stuck up yer bum when u were 15 has worn off.

All time favourite, just pure distilled euphoria.

luka

It's dated more than anything else from the era hasn't it. It sounds like the 90s in a very charming and goofy way.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
It's dated more than anything else from the era hasn't it. It sounds like the 90s in a very charming and goofy way.

what do you mean? I think it's dated in a good way. it's very of its time but unlike, say trip hop.

craner

Beast of Burden
Jungle made this stuff sound dated in 1994. That's not backwards projection, I remember it happening.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Not in 94 it didn't.

We've had this debate with droid, you're Welsh, you will not understand. there was a big switch in 94 to garage. girls fm, london underground, freak etc all started in 94. I love 94 jungle to bits and a lot of 94 garage can get a bit samey, I'm just being objective here.

craner

Beast of Burden
We've had this debate with droid, you're Welsh, you will not understand. there was a big switch in 94 to garage. girls fm, london underground, freak etc all started in 94. I love 94 jungle to bits and a lot of 94 garage can get a bit samey, I'm just being objective here.

😂 OK!

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
the takeaway being that sometimes valourising music divorced from the capitalist product dated/not dated cycle is sometimes the best move.