ghost

View attachment 15976

Some kind of events space in Soho that shopify are paying for, for reasons the guys in the place explained but which I didn't understand. It's big business and fancy shopping territory rather then BCM territory. But these slanted wooden branches are similar to what they have in Dimes, and also I think there were benches like this in that White Noise adaptation
these are very san francisco, Blue Bottle-core

shakahislop

surprisingly ended up rubbing shoulders with some brooklyn culture mafia last night, i was at an ambient thing in some sort of weird flat that someone has turned into a DIY style venue, and elsewhere in the flat the dude who wrote the Dimes Square play was doing a play. the crowd for the ambient thing was the usual bunch of weirdos you get at that kind of thing, thirty people lying on cushions with their eyes closed, some lady in her 50s dancing to beatless noise, a lot of pscyhedelics going on - they have a set of klipshorns, that does make a difference - but i thought the crowd for the play (the two met in the communal kitchen, which also served as a bar) was awkward. the playwight walked through the kitchen talking about his plays, a printed edition of his Dimes Square play was on sale for $25

i don't think i'd want to be a part of it to be honest, not that i'd get the choice

shakahislop

i might just not know about it but these DIY spaces seem to really be a common thing in the US, i've never seen one in the UK myself. i guess squats are the equivelent but they're not the same kind of thing

sus

surprisingly ended up rubbing shoulders with some brooklyn culture mafia last night, i was at an ambient thing in some sort of weird flat that someone has turned into a DIY style venue, and elsewhere in the flat the dude who wrote the Dimes Square play was doing a play. the crowd for the ambient thing was the usual bunch of weirdos you get at that kind of thing, thirty people lying on cushions with their eyes closed, some lady in her 50s dancing to beatless noise, a lot of pscyhedelics going on - they have a set of klipshorns, that does make a difference - but i thought the crowd for the play (the two met in the communal kitchen, which also served as a bar) was awkward. the playwight walked through the kitchen talking about his plays, a printed edition of his Dimes Square play was on sale for $25

i don't think i'd want to be a part of it to be honest, not that i'd get the choice
I think you might be better connected than me, I never get invited to cool psychedelic ambient cushion parties, that sounds great. Will you invite me next time

wektor

he will insist on talking no matter what, people letting it slide without any remarks only because he's very obviously excited to be there, though almost dysfunctionally incapable of reading the atmosphere and adjusting his behaviour to the customary standards

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
What do you reckon, @WashYourHands ?

hard-work-mowing.jpg

linebaugh

While you were out partying, I was studying normies.

When you were having premarital sex, I mastered their ways.
I cant find it but my favorite rendition of that meme was from the perspective of a highschool band kid who plays saxophone rejecting offers to be in artsy punk bands