version

Wallace and Ellis hated each other. Wallace wrote a short story parodying Ellis and attacked American Psycho because he was thought it was nihilistic and cynical and Ellis fired back a few times.

version

"OMG is the solemnity of the David Foster Wallace myth on a purely literary level borderline sickening".

"Anyone who finds David Foster Wallace a literary genius has got to be included in the, Literary Doucebag-Fools Pantheon [sic],"

"David Foster Wallace carried around a literary pretentiousness that made me embarrassed to have any kind of ties to the publishing scene … I continue to find David Foster Wallace the most tedious, overrated, tortured, pretentious writer of my generation."

• Haha
Reactions: sus

version

Probably long before that tbh. His most notable achievements since American Psycho have been "accidentally" tweeting a DM for coke and getting destroyed in that New Yorker interview.

version

I sometimes wonder how much is left of the person behind the persona with these sorts of people. How do they feel when they're alone? Do they think like the persona even when there's no audience?

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Imagine Burroughs rubbing out photos of their faces, deep in his bunker, stealing the bf’s, introducing them to cat familiars inbetween shots of outstandingly pure opiates.

Burroughs wins.

beiser

above all i object to this kind of maniacal interest in this set of pseudo-celebs because i think they're less interesting than the people I actually know. it's me that they should be interested in, not the other way around. the great chain of being has come undone somewhere. not acceptable.

catalog

Totally right, these dweebs thrive on our attention and when we've got heroes such as beiser amongst us, we really need to shine the light elsewhere

• Haha

catalog

He's right. They want you to get angry at them, they thrive on it. Did you ever listen to that one where they went to the zoo and Adam is fascinated by the chimps

Leo

not anger, it's just...cringey (and not in a good way). the mere sight of this thread title popping up on my unread threads list makes me cringe. repellent. the obsession with the level of detail about these people's lives makes me wonder if @suspendedreason was somehow rejected by them. we need backstory, context. what have they done to you, Gus? perhaps it's a love/hate thing.

Last edited: