What do you wanna do before your dead

boxedjoy

I feel this too. But I think I'd prefer to achieve the relinquishing of the need to achieve something. Not that I can see myself embarking on the Eightfold Path any time soon, mind you.

I've spent a decade trying to escape my ambitions and just enjoy life but oh boy has lockdown made it harder.

DannyL

Wild Horses
I've spent a decade trying to escape my ambitions and just enjoy life but oh boy has lockdown made it harder.
I've been thinking about character structure a lot and how the basic pattern you've got sets you up for life, and failure or success. I think you have to have a certain kind of drive to make a real success of one's life, the kind of success that's widely recognised. I just don't know if I have that. I was listened to an interview with my fave podcaster (Tyler Cown) and he commented how, when he asks his guests about the reasons for their success (they're all high achievers, big names in their fields) that they probably hide how driven they really are, how ruthless. I can't think of any successful person I've met who didn't have this quality in one way or another.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Establish a Reichian therapy practice.
Go to Japan & Nepal.

Fuck me sideways, mate. how can you seriously suggest therapy after lockdown. it will be the time to abuse all the drugs in the world and die from ODs. Our generation is irredeemable. Most of us will be 45 when we have to try and job hunt again without a degree. what therapy.

catalog

i think he's characterising you as a sort of old-fashioned english gent type fella, wearing a little bowler hat and with horn rimmed glasses or similar. Herbert is sort of an old posh man's name, but a small and careful figure, rosy-cheeked. I'm not sure where he's got this from, but 3rdform works in mysterious ways. the old ways really. the old ways and the sex gabber ways.

luka

i think he's characterising you as a sort of old-fashioned english gent type fella, wearing a little bowler hat and with horn rimmed glasses or similar. Herbert is sort of an old posh man's name, but a small and careful figure, rosy-cheeked. I'm not sure where he's got this from, but 3rdform works in mysterious ways. the old ways really. the old ways and the sex gabber ways.

Herbert is not a posh name. Not a gentlemans name.

catalog

it's an old fashioned name, it's not really a modern popular name. it's archaic. maybe that's why you've got it stan.

catalog

in that way, it's maybe better than stan, but i like the stanley connotion. stanley and herbert are birds of a feather i would say. i also think stanley is short for winstanley?