What do you wanna do before your dead

luka

Stop trying to bog us down in triviality. dissensus will not be turned into Preston University Student Union bar circa 1999, no matter how hard you try.

DannyL

Wild Horses
Fuck me sideways, mate. how can you seriously suggest therapy after lockdown. it will be the time to abuse all the drugs in the world and die from ODs. Our generation is irredeemable. Most of us will be 45 when we have to try and job hunt again without a degree. what therapy.
I don't understand what you've said, which makes you think you don't understand me? I'm not touting for clients! Reichian therapy is amazing. I'd like to make a living practicing it if I can, that's what I'm saying.

catalog

luke, you've delivered your bollockings, let's try and move on to a productive sphere, we've got a couple moons before winter sets in. you'll need to lead us of course. we need to know what your antenna has been saying.

DannyL

Wild Horses
I don't understand what you've said, which makes you think you don't understand me? I'm not touting for clients! Reichian therapy is amazing. I'd like to make a living practicing it if I can, that's what I'm saying.
Might be unlikely but no guarantees in life. I'm kinda halfway there atm.

sus

I've been thinking about character structure a lot and how the basic pattern you've got sets you up for life, and failure or success. I think you have to have a certain kind of drive to make a real success of one's life, the kind of success that's widely recognised. I just don't know if I have that. I was listened to an interview with my fave podcaster (Tyler Cown) and he commented how, when he asks his guests about the reasons for their success (they're all high achievers, big names in their fields) that they probably hide how driven they really are, how ruthless. I can't think of any successful person I've met who didn't have this quality in one way or another.

Which interview? Very curious

IdleRich

IdleRich
i think he's characterising you as a sort of old-fashioned english gent type fella, wearing a little bowler hat and with horn rimmed glasses or similar. Herbert is sort of an old posh man's name, but a small and careful figure, rosy-cheeked. I'm not sure where he's got this from, but 3rdform works in mysterious ways. the old ways really. the old ways and the sex gabber ways.
Herbert is the opposite of a posh name isn't it?

catalog

is it cockney slang of some kind? i would say posh myself, but im struggling to think of a single herbert i've met