constant escape

winter withered, warm
The audience well going dry is what they have to worry about.
You mean people just losing interest?

An interesting development in the MCU is that it, itself, has become post-MCU. Thor walking around NYC and people ask for selfies. Ant-Man and Spiderman fawning over Iron Man, etc.

Gets at my point about the superhero genre attempting to fuse the identities of the superhero with the superhero fan. Instead of just upping the superhero and portraying their fans as losers, mere mortals.

version

The Shane Black Predator film is one of the worst films of all time. It's the one I was talking about a while back where the Predators believe genetically modifying themselves with autism will make them better hunters.

craner

Beast of Burden
Loved the review of that which began by saying "What's the most dangerous shark of all time - clearly the megalodon, what's the hardest man of all time, equally clearly it's the Stath, now they do battle".

I haven't seen the film, but doesn't he punch it in the head?

constant escape

winter withered, warm
MCU is also (at least relatively) socially progressive which is refreshing. Brie Larson's Captain Marvel is supposed to be the most powerful figure. Plus Boseman was on deck to be the central figure of the whole thing.

Say what you want about the genre Marvel/Disney, but at least its setting these kinds of standards.

luka

I've just found this comment

Have you seen this maniac who's seemingly set himself the task of putting the same comment under every sport video that's not football? The profile picture is the Man Utd badge and the comment goes 'Soccer is the number 1 and most powerful sport on earth and it's massive in over 240 nations. FIFA has 211 member nations..."
I first saw them under every rugby league video but he's expanded out since then. Any time I see one I give it a like, to encourage him.

under this video.

version

The worst F&F is either the second one where they take down that drug dealer who tortures the fat guy with a rat in a bucket or the fourth one where they're running drugs through tunnels under the US-Mexico border. The second one's more fun, so I'll go with the fourth one being the worst. That was also the one which ushered in the change of tone and action stuff beyond just racing cars.

IdleRich

IdleRich
You've also got these kinda action comedies which normally star The Rock - I'm thinking Get Smart and Central Intelligence... probably have their origins in that time when Arnie started doing comedies like that one with Jamie Lee Curtis.

version

Or the Stathe? I dunno but it's an important issue.
I remember someone talking about Drive on another forum and someone pointed him in the direction of Transporter with the comment "You wanna get yourself a proper geezer in a proper motor".
He briefly appears at the start of Collateral and hands Tom Cruise a briefcase. Some people choose to believe he's playing The Transporter there too.