woops

is not like other people
i've posted this before but i think it's quite special - like a complete record of a now vanished dream culture where everything is basically for the best - there is no darkness or pessimism anywhere to be seen and that is the status of 1988 in my memory and my generation. this is what you wanted your tedious childhood to actually be.

luka

Also a lot of the pop music, specially by the whites, seemed to be music of the death camps. The most enervating, anti-life music ever made. It still drains the blood out of me.

woops

is not like other people
There was darkness because we expected to be nuked by Russia every night. Lying in bed thinking about getting nuked. Seems fun now but still.
was no fun at all, seeing ban the bomb spray painted up around town and wondering wtf, i remember all that
but it was totally glossed over in the stuff in that video unless you want to take into account the libyans in back to the future or whatever
all that matters is order be restored, the heroes make a lot of money and some funky soul music plays

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Eg three tit girl in total recall. It's a disappointment when you see these scenes in real life later on. They can never measure up.
Frankly women with only two tits have been a disappointment ever since.

IdleRich

IdleRich
And yet the second one, made only a few years later, has SFX that I don't think could really be improved on today.
I disagree I think they look surprisingly dated, see also Black and White by MJ which came out around the same time using the same technology (as I remember it) and looked unbelievable then... but now... doesn't.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Also a lot of the pop music, specially by the whites, seemed to be music of the death camps. The most enervating, anti-life music ever made. It still drains the blood out of me.
Spandau Ballet almost literally so.

version

Crispin Glover
Screenshot-from-2021-01-03-14-33-57.png

IdleRich

IdleRich
I don't remember it well but he plays Marty's dad in the past (as a young man) and in the present (despite being younger than MJ Fox) right?

Corpsey

bandz ahoy