version

It was some guy in America, in maybe the 80s, who apparently killed himself by shooting himself multiple times in either the head or the chest with a rifle. That's all I can remember.

linebaugh

It was some guy in America, in maybe the 80s, who apparently killed himself by shooting himself multiple times in either the head or the chest with a rifle. That's all I can remember.

"henry marshall, some bureaucrat (I can pull up the exact position in a second) in the early 60s who uhhh "committed suicide" by shooting himself 5 times in the chest with his own rifle

he was investigating billy sol estes, a friend of LBJ who was involved in some agricultural corruption scandal

the car got immediately scrubbed down before it could be analyzed, and it took like 20 years for it to be recognized as a homicide"

linebaugh

On 3rd June, 1961, Marshall was found dead on his farm by the side of his Chevy Fleetside pickup truck. His rifle lay beside him. He had been shot five times with his own rifle. Soon after County Sheriff Howard Stegall arrived, he decreed that Marshall had committed suicide. No pictures were taken of the crime scene, no blood samples were taken of the stains on the truck (the truck was washed and waxed the following day), no check for fingerprints were made on the rifle or pickup.

linebaugh

sufi

lala
Być może to tylko spekulacje rodem z tabloidów, a być może rosyjskie media wpadły na kolejny trop nieślubnej córki Władimira #Putin'a. Dziewczyna występująca jako Luiza #Rozova zagrała w moskiewskim klubie jako DJ. Kim jest?
apparently the answer is Putin's secret daughter DJing in Moscow

DannyL

Wild Horses
I think this would fit your thread. I've been listening to the first few episodes about who funded the Nazis: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/programmed-to-chill/id1568664643

Really amazing podcast IMO. The one about Henry Ford is an eye popper. It's kinda Gravity's Rainbow territory with IG Farben etc. I like this sort of stuff because it's in the same space as conspiracy theories but it's actually well researched, thoughtful, shows an understanding of "deep structures" without slipping off into lizard people padeo paranoia territory.

version

I think this would fit your thread. I've been listening to the first few episodes about who funded the Nazis: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/programmed-to-chill/id1568664643

Really amazing podcast IMO. The one about Henry Ford is an eye popper. It's kinda Gravity's Rainbow territory with IG Farben etc. I like this sort of stuff because it's in the same space as conspiracy theories but it's actually well researched, thoughtful, shows an understanding of "deep structures" without slipping off into lizard people padeo paranoia territory.
That's that guy who did the Twitter thread on Verso's podcast, Jimmy Falun Gong.

Does he mention the Koch brothers' father, Fred Koch? He apparently built the oil refinery that fueled the Luftwaffe, built some for Stalin too.

version

I like this sort of stuff because it's in the same space as conspiracy theories but it's actually well researched, thoughtful, shows an understanding of "deep structures" without slipping off into lizard people padeo paranoia territory.
Yeah, exactly. I think it's important this sort of thing doesn't get lumped in with the crackpots as it's important history.

sufi

lala

this tale is maybe similar but not so far out,

DannyL

Wild Horses
That's that guy who did the Twitter thread on Verso's podcast, Jimmy Falun Gong.

Does he mention the Koch brothers' father, Fred Koch? He apparently built the oil refinery that fueled the Luftwaffe, built some for Stalin too.
Oh yeah I forgot to say he was the Verso thread bloke. He comes over better here. I think the time passed has perhaps allowed the history to become a little clearer. I haven't heard him mention Koch, but he has mentioned the two brothers.

DannyL

Wild Horses
Yeah, exactly. I think it's important this sort of thing doesn't get lumped in with the crackpots as it's important history.
Yes - as a for instance, I had a vague idea that Ford was an anti-Semite but I didn't know how bad it was or that Hitler awarded him. This sort of stuff should be shouted from the rooftops.
Episode 10 I think it is is so good - its really robust look at the heavy/light industry and how the former kinda sets the preconditions for Fascism as it's only way of cost-cutting is to discipline labor. So it's got an adversarial relationship with the Left baked in.

DannyL

Wild Horses
Do you know anything about him Version? I wondered where the Falun Gong part of his name comes from and what that says about his relationship to China.

version

Do you know anything about him Version? I wondered where the Falun Gong part of his name comes from and what that says about his relationship to China.
I think it's just a pisstake Twitter name; Jimmy Fallon + Falun Gong.