Universally agreed terrible film(s)

version

He's taken cues from Friedkin and Melville there. The latter's got the laconic gangster thing and Friedkin's talked about emphasising visual storytelling so that you don't have to speak English to enjoy his films.

The Melville influence is blatant, but I'm mentioning Friedkin too because he did a long interview with him on the Sorcerer Blu-ray and that's a very visual film too.

Reactions: sus

luka

Limburger's reading of Drive is very good. I nominate him second cleverest on Dissensus. It makes me want to like the film, and I would have liked it if there was more driving and less girly stuff. being in a car is cinematic anyway cos the window is a screen that coverts the world into content, moving image.

woops

is not like other people
Limburger's reading of Drive is very good. I nominate him second cleverest on Dissensus. It makes me want to like the film, and I would have liked it if there was more driving and less girly stuff. being in a car is cinematic anyway cos the window is a screen that coverts the world into content, moving image.
he's seconding me so i deduce that i am the cleverest on dissensus, thank you luke that's an unusual compliment coming from you

Leo

funny, you'd imagine the worst areas would have this cruddy, decayed urban look (like Baltimore in "the wire") but all the sketchy neighborhoods he drives through look pretty normal, especially since it's so spread out.