Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Cannae really be bothered to listen to the Kelela album atm. None of the singles really grabbed me. Unlike on the last album. Except this one which is gorgeous and can't wait to listen to this one in summer tripping balls in a park.

william_kent

Ndagga Rhythm Force - Yermande ( Prophet 5 Mix )
'
before the Basic Channel / Rhythm & Sound breakup I may have mistakenly thought that Moritz Von Oswald was the "guy", probably because of the Maurizio twelves ( purely based on the name sounding a bit like "Moritz" ) , but since the split I've only bought the Ernestus tunes, and have come to the realisation that maybe Mark was the genius behind the Basic Channel sound and rhythm

Yermande ( Prophet 5 Mix ) is almost my perfect amalgam of kosmiche synth plus dubbed out rhythm excursion

but

in my colonialist fantasies I would pay for Ernestus to fly to Sudan and produce a series of 12 inch singles featuring the stars of Tandalty, much like he did for the series of Sengalese Mbalax stars twelve inches that only I seemingly bought and appreciated

like:

Jeri-Jeri with Mbene Diatta Seck: Mbeuguel Dafa Nekh

I love the way she's lip-synching on the dirty litter strewn beach and various locals just wander past and maybe they might just raise an eyebrow as if they've never even noticed that there is a film crew filming Sabar royalty

wektor

heavy lols at much unnecessary 8 bars of heavy bass drum in this, presumably done by kamixlo

sufi

lala

'
before the Basic Channel / Rhythm & Sound breakup I may have mistakenly thought that Moritz Von Oswald was the "guy", probably because of the Maurizio twelves ( purely based on the name sounding a bit like "Moritz" ) , but since the split I've only bought the Ernestus tunes, and have come to the realisation that maybe Mark was the genius behind the Basic Channel sound and rhythm

Yermande ( Prophet 5 Mix ) is almost my perfect amalgam of kosmiche synth plus dubbed out rhythm excursion

but

in my colonialist fantasies I would pay for Ernestus to fly to Sudan and produce a series of 12 inch singles featuring the stars of Tandalty, much like he did for the series of Sengalese Mbalax stars twelve inches that only I seemingly bought and appreciated

like:

Jeri-Jeri with Mbene Diatta Seck: Mbeuguel Dafa Nekh

I love the way she's lip-synching on the dirty litter strewn beach and various locals just wander past and maybe they might just raise an eyebrow as if they've never even noticed that there is a film crew filming Sabar royalty
@Woebot :love:

IdleRich

IdleRich

'
before the Basic Channel / Rhythm & Sound breakup... ....Mark was the genius behind the Basic Channel sound and rhythm

This description sounds fucking awesome but when I check the track I don't hear that song you described at all.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Apologies for the uncharacteristic and unnecessary negativity there. Dunno why I suddenly found a strong urge to be honest then but I did and... well, I've done it and it's gonna stay done.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I've been thinking about some stuff recently... like I said, growing up in the middle of nowhere with no scene there means I have no real authentic connection to any particular scene - and of course this has its disadvantages, but it can't be changed so I might as well accept it and recognize that as all scenes are equally not mine, they are at the same time arguably equally available to me.

So for DJ-ing I will just shamelessly take tunes from wherever I want if I feel I can make them work together... try to make some kind of virtue of necessity I suppose I'm saying.

Anyway, that preamble is relevant cos of my tune of the day redux... two for the price of one cos they are kinda the same song.

One is brainy/pretentious Dusseldorf sound from this Japanese woman (I think she was married to some krautrock royalty guy but I forget who) and the other is dumb as you like stomping big beat technoclash and yet apart from the tempo they are very similar tunes.

I think there is something quite interesting about the way that what you know about a piece of music has such an effect on what you expect from it and ultimately how you hear it. And I also find it interesting that music made from different scenes and with professedly different aims and so on, can in fact coincide and ultimately be quite similar.

And going back to what I waffled on about at the start, I like putting those kinds of things together when I find them. Though maybe not these two cos they are too similar.

Whatever, I'm always wishing people said more about the tunes they dump wordlessly into the tune of the day thread but maybe I got a but carried away there...