ghost

Somehow you lot have never talked about Molly Nilsson. Big shame, big miss. I'm not gonna pull a Gus here, start a big thread entitled "Molly Nilsson Best Pinafores 2007-2019," post about it repeatedly, trying to convince some aging brits with failing livers that they should be converted to supporters of the indie avant-garde of the 2010s. Late life conversions make both sides worse, we all know that.

This is my track of the day though, a bit of a jam if you ask me.

wektor

Somehow you lot have never talked about Molly Nilsson. Big shame, big miss. I'm not gonna pull a Gus here, start a big thread entitled "Molly Nilsson Best Pinafores 2007-2019," post about it repeatedly, trying to convince some aging brits with failing livers that they should be converted to supporters of the indie avant-garde of the 2010s. Late life conversions make both sides worse, we all know that.

autistic, continental inga copeland

dilbert1

@wektor less “conceptual” and much more trad-pop = less autistic to my mind, at least, as an artistic approach anyways. perhaps popular music for the autistic masses nonetheless

wektor

@wektor less “conceptual” and much more trad-pop = less autistic to my mind, at least, as an artistic approach anyways. perhaps popular music for the autistic masses nonetheless
this forum got really far in the sense that it reached the times to exist at once with trad poptimists

thirdform

pass the sick bucket

objectively better than all the music gus posted but still has a jaunty rhythm like an old pervert at the uni freshers disco.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
also @ghost of beiser theres no such thing as an indie avant-garde the whole genre is built upon disavowal until it cannot be resisted. hence why it took so long for them to embrace electro pop and then glitchy aesthetics. even @woops type electronica was a rebellion against the conservatism of indie, from within, and simultaneously as outsiders. Hence no indie rocker knows about Mouse on Mars.

Which is what I was trying to communicate to Gus but he was so stubborn, mozart peasant music is his forte.

jenks

thread death
also @ghost of beiser theres no such thing as an indie avant-garde the whole genre is built upon disavowal until it cannot be resisted. hence why it took so long for them to embrace electro pop and then glitchy aesthetics. even @woops type electronica was a rebellion against the conservatism of indie, from within, and simultaneously as outsiders. Hence no indie rocker knows about Mouse on Mars.

Which is what I was trying to communicate to Gus but he was so stubborn, mozart peasant music is his forte.
Fuck…even I know about Mouse on Mars.

Leo

Yeah, that one's off base, @thirdform. In the 2000s-2010s, indie rock record stores in NY stocked Mouse on Mars alongside Pavement, Tortoise and Arcade Fire. Hell, they were signed in the States to Thrill Jockey!

IdleRich

IdleRich
Didn't they do an EP or an album even with Mark E Smith?

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Yeah, that one's off base, @thirdform. In the 2000s-2010s, indie rock record stores in NY stocked Mouse on Mars alongside Pavement, Tortoise and Arcade Fire. Hell, they were signed in the States to Thrill Jockey!

yeah, and chloe savigny apparently did a stint at the liquid sky record shop for a while. We're not talking about the Manhattan cultural mafia are we though! We're talking about proper rust belt indie land, not hipster indie.

Hence why I said from within the indie rock tradition, but too arty and weird to be accepted by tr00 sk00l indie fans, so t6hey became a kind of outsider indietronica.

Reactions: Leo