Good Discussions

IdleRich

IdleRich
One of the strangest aspects of spending a lot of time alone, imo, is the loss of voice. You end up being reduced to making the odd noise if you hurt yourself or see a bit of skill watching football or something, but, unless you're one of those people who talk to themselves, you more or less spend your days in silence.
I definitely do talk to myself out loud quite a lot... sometimes I sort of realise that I am doing it and wonder if it's weird but then I think fuck it it's just thinking out loud, as long as you can turn it off when you are with people then it's fine. Obviously if you can't then that is potentially a nightmarish problem.

IdleRich

IdleRich
well what you are talking about is good fun, but what i mean is actually intelligent conversation centred around the object of scorn. perceptive, sparkling!
Also of curse, you aint gonna just sit there and listen to it as you might with good music. You gotta do something else instead.

IdleRich

IdleRich
good on ya for not saying "its ability to stifle and crush wonder, innocence and joy or pleasure of any kind"
Well none of us could say that because we'd lost the ability to take pleasure in learning long before those weird words appeared on the scene.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Some people (no names here) I don't really dig their taste in music, so if they just put a link then it's worthless to me cos I probably won't click on it. But if someone whose taste I don't tend to agree with posts up a link and writes about why they like it - and that could be in terms of the music, or the context that it recalls to them or whatever - then I am very gonna read it, and I might even click the link too. Bearing in mind what was said above about how the best conversations have been about the most hated music and I know that I have personally mentioned a few times that, if the writing is good enough, I can read about sports that I don't like, so, overall, while I do understand the counter-argument based around purity - here is my choon, boom! - I think that overall I'm in favour of someone writing about it too if at all possible.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Shiels is gonna make a [slow] discussion thread and model for us how it's done. A perfect little ecosystem for him to tinker in, and then he can tell us the secrets of good conversation

No, I think he's been perverted by reading too much De Sade.

A passage I'm sure which inspired him to go on his moral crusade.
TW: French people.

But everywhere my eye roved, it was to be amazed at the same extraordinary state of affairs: save for the utterances incidental to the action, sometimes shrill exclamations of pleasure, and much blasphemy, sometimes loud, there was no other sound, one could have heard a pin drop. Over all that was astir the most entire order reigned; were some altercations to arise, and it happened very rarely, a gesture from the President or the Censor restored peace and quiet in a trice; the most decent activities could not have transpired amidst greater calm. And thus I was made quickly to realize that, of all the things there are in the world, the passions are those that command the greatest respect from human beings.

Men and women in ever growing numbers were beginning to remove to the seraglios; tickets were being distributed by the President, a smile upon her lips. I was now had at by several women; then by several more; I frigged with no fewer than thirty-two of them, a good half of whom were past forty: they sucked me, fucked me frontwise and behind with dildoes, one had me piss into her gullet while I lapped her cunt, another suggested we shit on each other’s bubs, she larded mine generously, I was’ unable to repay her in kind, unfortunately; while a man labored in his asshole, a second man gobbled up the excrement steaming on my chest; and after that he shat there in turn, as he did so discharging into the mouth of him by whom he had just been sodomized.

The President developed a sudden craving for me; she appointed a man to relieve her at her post, and we came to grips: kissed each other, tongued each other, sucked and caressed each other nigh to death. With the exception of Clairwil, never had I seen a woman discharge so abundantly nor so lewdly; her favorite stunt was to receive a bum-fucking the while, her cunt crushed upon a woman’s face, that woman sucked her and she herself cunt-sucked another woman: we went brilliantly through this exercise, and the whore resumed her chair.

Back came the men, in force: among this second wave I found few encunters but buggers aplenty, an occasional masturbater, and a dozen or so mouth-fuckers; one of the latter had himself pumped by a youth while snuffling under my armpits, licking them softly ever and anon, which procured me a very pleasant sensation. I was given five or six floggings; three or four rectal injections, which I flushed into the mouths of those who had administered them; I was got to fart, there were bidders for my spittle; I spent thirty whole minutes sticking thousands of pins into one squire’s buttocks and balls, and thus bestudded did he keep himself for the rest of the evening; the mania of another was to run his tongue over a woman’s body, he was two hours lapping my eyes and mouth and ears and nostrils and between my toes, and finally inserted his tongue in my asshole, and discharged. Several women insisted upon fucking me with great, massive dildoes; one led up a man and had me heat his prick by chafing it upon her asshole, and next required me to push the fuck into it with the tip of my finger; a dear little creature utterly besmeared my buttocks with her shit, behind her stood a middle-aged man, he embuggered her while eating the mard clean off my ass; I was informed they were father and daughter. There were other such couples; I beheld brothers embuggering their sisters; fathers encunting their daughters; mothers fucked by their children; in a word, every possible scene of incest, of adultery, of sodomy, of lechery, of whoring, of foulness, of impiety, each under a hundred various forms and a hundred various colors took place before my eyes, and surely at no bacchanal of old was there ever such a concurrence of so much nastiness and so much infamy.

IdleRich

IdleRich
i never had a good discussion without any side activity going on, it would feel too forced, too obligated. it's much better when you're walking, or cooking, or painting.
I dunno if I would go so far as "never" but that kind of thing can be really conducive to the discussion. Cooking or, you-know, er, watching a football match that neither of you are particularly invested in, it gets the ball rolling and it takes the pressure off TRYING to have a conversation. Really that's what you do in a pub or at least one of the things, sure sometimes you want to go and get bladdered, but sometimes you're drinking two or three pints and you're not trying to get drunk and you're obviously not so thirsty that your body is demanding three refreshing pints of Carling, the drinks are an activity or, if you prefer, a ritual, with you taking it in turns to get them in and so on.

IdleRich

IdleRich
The festive period should be good. We can all get drunk and I'll post my Master and Commander picture.
Lots of people have pet names for their genitals but that has got to be the best I have heard. I'm still not saying that you need to post a picture but I'll be honest, that name has almost won me over. Certainly it's a lot more intriguing than if you had just said "Hey guys, I'm gonna get wankered and send you a close-up of my wang" - it makes me wonder if you only have one testicle or if there is some reason why you call them by the singular "commander" or is M and C simply your penis? I suppose if you say dick-pic the balls don't get a mention so maybe that's it... but it must be impressive to earn that title. Fuck it I'm in.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Also, when you combine this name with what you were saying about talking to yourself... "OK Master and Commander, we need to pump out a large amount of water from the hold, I have instructed the crew to lower the rigging and we can begin action in thirty seconds.... ready, aim... FIRE!! and so on. "Surrender and prepare to be boarded, my master and commander will be entering the poop deck" etc etc

toko

I've got a question. Is it wrong to respond to a post some pages ago? I often click through every page to catch up on the latest and find myself wanting to respond to something interesting someone had said but I'm afraid I will interrupt the flow of conversation.

luka

assert yourself and if we dont like you we will bully you and if we like you we will bully you. if youre boring we will ignore you