diversity

linebaugh

you only find true diversity in populations that are forcibly (quasi or actually) confined. Thats how we get some diversity here- you are all 40+, where else are you going to go online? Same thing happens in schools. the limits of diversity talked about here are the limits of liberalism.

poetix

we murder to dissect
Churches can be quite diverse, obviously apart from the all reciting the words of the Nicene Creed in synchronisation part. Also fairly voluntary association, apart from all the kids forced to go by their parents.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
diversity requires stringent discipline, something I was trying to explain to barty when he was here. The thing with barty is he has a kink of wanting to be spanked by an upper middle class white woman with a roll of paper, whilst being told he's such a naughty boy for being shagger extraordinaire, like old Chris Hitchens, I don't.

catalog

There's a BBC documentary I'm sure, somewhere out there, where they make a case for thatchers rise to power as being largely about her sexual attractiveness.

Like how a lot of the tory lads around her genuinely fancied her.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
There's a BBC documentary I'm sure, somewhere out there, where they make a case for thatchers rise to power as being largely about her sexual attractiveness.

Like how a lot of the tory lads around her genuinely fancied her.

I think it was a case of this kind of interloper who wasn't really supposed to be there. Edward Heath was a carpenters son but if you listen to his voice (he went to Oxford on a scholarship) it's totally bizarre, he really tried his hardest to fit in, he was insecure. Thatcher didn't have that, because her and Tebbit didn't want to maintain the post-war consensus between union management and political parties.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Weaponised term, tread lightly around it these days

We last had diversity training about a decade ago and staff have probably increased their global demographic representation since. We all know each other, specific cultural frameworks, but the job demands cooperation. If you don’t step up, you get canned

Communication training is far more helpful for noobs, how you could say the same point multiple ways to clients from different backgrounds. Exercises in plain English, boil a sentence down. A third of my job is trimming down waffle in records

If I wanted to push for an NHS recruitment drive, diversity could be one of the most important words when recruiting to represent such a diverse population. Will it happen? Will it fuck

john eden

male pale and stale
At a recent meeting I was told that my employer is rubbish at diversity and we should all "go to Hackney" if we wanted a real window into it all.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Diverse, traverse, inverse, reverse, converse, metaverse, universe, the ex-verse populated by ex’s quite grim for anyone

god pantheons are the innate human go to for keeping a good handle/balance on natural philosophy as diversity sets, compared to say pandeism

Leo

I went to a monster truck show in Madison Sq. Garden back sometime in the early 90s, saw Grave Digger. Loud as fuck, lots of fun.

boxedjoy

one of the key things about diversity in hiring is that it isn't just about recruitment but retainment: how do you create and cultivate a culture where people from varied backgrounds feel comfortable and valued?

luka

A friend of mine left their last job cos they'd put in a dyslexic as manager - when diversity goes too far

Last edited: