shakahislop

had a septum piercing for a bit, took it out in the middle of last year, presumably i can stick it back in if i want to. i was in quetta in pakistan and it kept slipping out in meetings, something to do with the dryness of the air, so it had to go. it was nice to have, there is a certain credibility that came with it, a symbol of commitment to something or other on your face. there was something that felt fake about having it out for some circumstances and hiding it in others though.

IdleRich

IdleRich
had a septum piercing for a bit, took it out in the middle of last year, presumably i can stick it back in if i want to. i was in quetta in pakistan and it kept slipping out in meetings, something to do with the dryness of the air, so it had to go. it was nice to have, there is a certain credibility that came with it. there was something that felt fake about having it out for some circumstances and hiding it in others though.
Does that not like you got a bogey hanging out your nose though?

shakahislop

all of this stuff is a language obviously. it's communicating something. and obviously the meaning changes in these quick ways, over the space of a couple of years. ebbs and flows. when i realized i could get one something opened in me. it made people treat me differently when i met them. it shifted what they could assume about me without asking. actually i was telling them without them needing to ask.

shakahislop

Does that not like you got a bogey hanging out your nose though?
it does feel like something. there's a low key physical sensation all the time. moreso when it's flipped up inside your nose obviously. it doesn't feel like a bogey, but then those don't tend to hang out of your nose to that degree.

luka

the gold soveriegn ring isn't seen as often as it used to be. those always looked brilliant. youd always here stories about someone getting punched in the face and having a soveriegn ring imprinted in their forehead

IdleRich

IdleRich
Something quite unusual here. I have a genuine, not even joking, fashion advice question.

I have this watch that I really love, I guess it's seventies and it's quite unusual. I dunno what aesthetic it projects but it's one I really like.

IMG_20230321_024623523~2.jpg

IMG_20230321_024742528~2.jpg

I want advice... what clothes should I wear with it? I suppose more than that, I'd like some clothes that have the same aesthetic, so not things that would just be ok to wear with it (though that would be a start), but things that genuinely put across the same thing as it does. But I've no idea what they would be... a suit? A tracksuit? A shellsuit? I've no idea... help me!

Obviously I'm asking for trouble by seeking real serious advice here but... clearly I'm desperate. If this doesn't work I'll have to subscribe to GQ...

Something quite unusual here. I have a genuine, not even joking, fashion advice question.

I have this watch that I really love, I guess it's seventies and it's quite unusual. I dunno what aesthetic it projects but it's one I really like.

View attachment 14718

View attachment 14719

But I've no idea what they would be... a suit? A tracksuit? A shellsuit? I've no idea... help me!

Burgundy velour tracksuit and bumbag, slip on shoes, no socks.

shakahislop

View attachment 14718

View attachment 14719

I want advice... what clothes should I wear with it? I suppose more than that, I'd like some clothes that have the same aesthetic, so not things that would just be ok to wear with it (though that would be a start), but things that genuinely put across the same thing as it does. But I've no idea what they would be... a suit? A tracksuit? A shellsuit? I've no idea... help me!

Obviously I'm asking for trouble by seeking real serious advice here but... clearly I'm desperate. If this doesn't work I'll have to subscribe to GQ...
Skinny jeans and a bloc party t-shirt

• Haha
Reactions: Leo

IdleRich

IdleRich
Must be a glutton for punishment but I've got another actual serious question. Does anyone ever wear suits outside of the office environment?

Clearing out my wardrobe, find two suits that I haven't worn for years. And I probably only wore a few times anyway, they are actually still in the suit container/bag things they came in. As I remember they were tight on me and so I was thinking there was no chance I could still get into them. But I thought I might as well check that before I threw them out - and to my surprise it turns out that I have actually preserved my lithely muscular, svelte and snake-hipped figure from six years back much better than I thought and they both fit fine.

So... should I wear them, and if so how? Do you wear the whole suit? I could imagine wearing the trousers without the top but that would be pretty dull... personally I think wearing just the top with non-matching trousers (like what, jeans? Velour tracksuit trousers?) Wouldn't work for me.

So that leaves wearing the whole suit, but how to complete it? Smart shoes or trainers, shirt or t-shirt... or just bare chested?

I'm actually thinking that soon it will be getting pretty warm here so it would be a strong look to wear the suit with very formal shoes - and a bare (bear!) chest. If only someone had answered my questions about jewellery I could complete it with some kind of medallion style necklace.

Oh yeah, the colours - one is grey with a tight grey grid pattern, the other is really light blue.