A catalog in america

sus

I bought this at Bass Pro Shop. I'm going back tonight for a second round and to practice at the shooting range

sus

Duke Cannon would rather explore the Great Plains on horseback than navigate the parking lot of an outlet mall in a compact car. It's in the Great Wide Open, about 1000 miles from the nearest food court, where a light breeze carries the scent of old leather mixed with fresh rolled tobacco leaves.

Take a trip back in time when a nice, masculine scent didn't involve citrus fruits or flowers, and experience this American-made soap inspired by leaf and leather.

sus

It's like tea being sad because some hedgehog only found in British hedgerows is threatened with extinction

sus

have you considered living in the bass pro pyramid?
This is a good idea I should stay at the hotel a while. I've decided to write a two part book series. The first book is about the Bass Pro Shop. The second book is about the Mall Of America. I will be doing full visual analysis of symbols, aesthetics, just like I'm visiting MoMA.

catalog

I am old enough to remember going to an American mall for the first time and it being a big deal. I went to a few this time and its nothing. They feel old and decrepit. That dream definitely over.

mvuent

Void Dweller
Was just at the Mall of America for the first time since the 2000s. Sadly, the Rainforest Cafe is no more, and I didn’t see the haunted house ride. But when I worked at a hardware store last year my twelve year old coworkers all had the same memory as me of being terrified by it when they were younger so it can’t have been gone that long (if at all). Overall it felt the same though. The Mall of America is immortal in a way most malls are not.

• Wow
Reactions: sus

mvuent

Void Dweller
shocking that they let 12 year olds work in America. capitalism unchained.
Tbf, I wouldn’t say “work” is the most accurate way to describe that setting. It was mostly arguing about which soda in the cooler was best, interrupted only by a customer asking where the duct tape was etc. about once every two hours.

sufi

lala
Sadly, the Rainforest Cafe is no more,
don't worry it's still going in the heart of London's piccadilly

I have to say that these extremely negative reviews do not adequately capture the full horror of the appalling plastic environment, soulless puppet animals, the ethical void and disgustingly exploitative concept - luckily there is nandos round the corner

• Haha
Reactions: sus