One I didn't even mention is Matt Walsh - not the comedic actor tbc, who AFAIK is a chill dude - a self-labeled (tbf, perhaps ironically) "theocratic fascist" RW culture warrior a la Crowder, Michael Knowles, etc, whose entire raison d'etre is basically saying trans people don't exist but are somehow also the greatest evil on earth

Yet to see any trans advocate get the better of Matt walsh in a debate

I mean, unless your understanding of biological reality and society are so bent out of shape they're useless, if not actually maladaptive.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Obviously I'm not going to pollute my brain by exposing myself to Matt fucking Walsh, but from the sound of it he's strawmanning "sex isn't binary" into "sex is meaningless" or even "sex doesn't exist", which is as moronic as it sounds.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
shes interesting (which doesn't mean good) but on a thread largely populated by whites I won't air my opinions cos it'll offend their victim complex 'brown and blacks are oppressed / otherwise we'd hate em' anti-racist abstractions, which can often end up reentrenching the racism they so vociferously think they're railing against.

DannyL

Wild Horses
shes interesting (which doesn't mean good) but on a thread largely populated by whites I won't air my opinions cos it'll offend their victim complex 'brown and blacks are oppressed / otherwise we'd hate em' anti-racist abstractions, which can often end up reentrenching the racism they so vociferously think they're railing against.
Share your opinion stick it in their honky faces

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I don't think much of her attempt to sue a historically black university for racial discrimination, not least because this rests on an implicit recognition that she is in fact white, which makes her claim to "identity as" black seem all the more disingenuous.

I think she's probably genuinely quite messed up, but I don't think that means she should be extended an indefinite amount of leeway.

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
Yet to see any trans advocate get the better of Matt walsh in a debate

I mean, unless your understanding of biological reality and society are so bent out of shape they're useless, if not actually maladaptive.
Wait I thought you were conspicuously making a show of telling us all how you're ignoring this thread

So, do you want to continue pretending to ignore it or pop up with random Matt Walsh nonsense? Gotta make up your mind, buddy

But that aside, it's extremely easy to refute Matt Walsh

The answer is: treat the patient and not worry about what genitals they have. Also, pregnant trans men are not exactly a new thing. They're common enough that "pregnant man" stories are their own trope of journalism on trans issues.

Here's a trans woman quite easily refuting some other Matt Walsh nonsense

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
More generally, that's all Matt Walsh does

I personally don't think he's worth debating bc if you can't cross the very basic threshold of acknowledging someone's right to exist, it's pointless to talk about anything else

But if you're going to, be aware that he's a one-trick pony of debate club tricks - strawman, fallacy of composition, etc - and he's quite good at them. You'd hope he would be, since his entire livelihood is predicted on attacking trans people and he's spent years honing that one attack in gladiatorial combat on social media.

Huge respect to that woman for the courage to do it anyway despite knowing that a tidal wave of slurs and "ur a man lol" etc from the baying hate mobs of Twitter was inevitable

More general aside: that kind 30 second clip "[x opponent] DESTROYED by [y person whose side I'm on" approach to public discourse has, obviously, been a disaster for public discourse