subvert47

I don't fight, I run away
You disgrace yourself with stuff like this. On-brand though because fear and intimidation tactics are what define this fascistic movement. And no I'm not talking about trans people you self-victimising sad sack idiot. Get a grip.

Yeah, the one bit of hyperbole in my post is the one bit you take seriously and are performatively outraged by. You should post it on TERF Twitter as – look! look! – another example of teh evil trans. Maybe you'll even trend (y) (y)

mixed_biscuits

Science fact: the pre-adolescent or adolescent sense of gender identity is not fully developed and far from authentic in a definitive sense. Nature has already developed a scheme of hormone treatment to hone this identity and it's called puberty. Replacing or interrupting this evolutionarily tried and tested course is not recommended.

mixed_biscuits

P.S. once it's a butterfly it identifies as a butterfly.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
You disgrace yourself with stuff like this. On-brand though because fear and intimidation tactics are what define this fascistic movement. And no I'm not talking about trans people you self-victimising sad sack idiot. Get a grip.
Do you have the slightest idea how ludicrous you sound calling a trans person a member of a 'fascistic movement', given that far right groups are, without exception, violently anti-trans?

You sound like biscuits accusing Hamas of 'bullying Israel.' It's that bad.

other_life

bioconfused
there is no authenticity to identity in any kind of definitive sense and nature does not 'develop schemes' (development also implies a telos; that a blueprint is 'unrolled' as an organism actualises itself)

other_life

bioconfused
its a significant amount of trans people who are precisely mid-puberty and singularly horrified with the changes happening to their bodies, apprehending them as an imposition of new biological demands and, in fact, an -arrest- of their process of actualisation, spiritually/intellectually speaking.
because of a series of historical accidents many of them are not within age of majority or economically independent. this is probably fine (because youths as old as 22 are often quite rash, naive; could use the slower onramp) and in any case probably not reversible (because consequent on technical developments, crises of production and employment and ~massification~ at base). but from the longer view of history this disjunction between puberty and majority is, queer!
i say we the cowboy operators let them seize their own endocrinology and metamorphose into as many fantastical and grotesque shapes as the different degrees and kinds of hrt allow - from the castrata monastic to the bolan fae on and on to (After the Gramme)

mixed_biscuits

its a significant amount of trans people who are precisely mid-puberty and singularly horrified with the changes happening to their bodies, apprehending them as an imposition of new biological demands and, in fact, an -arrest- of their process of actualisation, spiritually/intellectually speaking.
You want them to remain in permanent childhood then? For their sake I hope their ages will be fixed at the corresponding point too.

other_life

bioconfused
i am straightforwardly telling you, that 'development from a predetermined blueprint' is not a view of organism you can compel me to accept as commonsensical! read this evo biologist, its a short book:

the permanent childhood comment is afaict from nowhere, bizarre, revealing. i am simply telling you there are different kinds of adult that an adolescent can become (infinitely more than two), and HRT is a helpful mechanism for many on this score

mixed_biscuits

I don't think @other_life is helping his cause by sounding like an alien that's been teleported into a human body. His cod philosophy is so outlandish that I haven't even heard any of these points in the woo woo shit I like reading.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I don't think @other_life is helping his cause by sounding like an alien that's been teleported into a human body. His cod philosophy is so outlandish that I haven't even heard any of these points in the woo woo shit I like reading.
Have you ever had any medical treatment of any sort?

If so, how do you justify "interfering with nature" in that way?