best & worst wetherspoons

luka

ive come to like the brokley one (brockley barge). stratford (golden grave) has always been good. i like the one at west india dock a lot. lewisham and forest gate are a bit moody.

luka

first time i went to the brockley one the other day they had jaipur on for 2.59 which is incredible value. im not as rich as i used to be since i started working full time so i have to be a bit more careful with money and grab the bargains

luka

@craner lives near a beautiful one in Barry, a converted theatre, very warm and convivial. he goes there every afternoon at 3 when he's 'working' from 'home'.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Rochester Castle on Stoke N high street has got to be up there. Great place. Full of old pissed Irishmen, women nursing babies, and that one old West Indian geezer in a nice khaki suit with his pint of Guinness.

luka

Rochester Castle on Stoke N high street has got to be up there. Great place. Full of old pissed Irishmen, women nursing babies, and that one old West Indian geezer in a nice khaki suit with his pint of Guinness.
THE WETHERSPOONS IN PAIGNTON IS, UNIQUELY, the town's high-end drinking establishment

luka

the only one in central london i can think of that i quite like is that charing cross rd one i cant remember the name of (montague pyke?). that one's fun. i like that it has a balcony and the main area feels like a dancefloor.

luka

Hamilton Hall at Liverpool st station is a funny one cos its basically an outpost of Essex. its their beach-head in the city. lots of men in tight jeans with rigourous skin care regimes

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
THE WETHERSPOONS IN PAIGNTON IS, UNIQUELY, the town's high-end drinking establishment
This is true. It's a pretty dismal little place.

(There's actually two 'Spoonses - one somewhat nicer than the other.)

luka

i really like the walk along the coast to brixham though. i saw two massive seals wrestling in a little cove earlier this year when i did it.

luka

i think there's a nice exeter wetherspoons. massive mansion on a green grassy hill. but maybe im imagining it. or getting it mixed up with a castle.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
i think there's a nice exeter wetherspoons. massive mansion on a green grassy hill. but maybe im imagining it. or getting it mixed up with a castle.
Yes, the Imperial. Massive greenhousey bit called the 'orangery', and lovely grounds. Next to the uni, so full of students, obvs.

the-imperial.jpg

luka

london is much more strictly segregated on class and ethnic lines than it used to be, millenialls hate mixing, it gives them 'anxiety', but wetherspoons is the one exception to the rule. you do actually get all sorts there.

luka

ive noticed a lot of the young baristas on my job they make this panting/hyperventilating noise to dramatise/externalise their 'anxiety'. its really odd.