luka

Pound doesn't come across like a stranger to the English language like Jones does. the effect Jones creates is all to do with this heavy, stilted, foreign use of language that gives it a formal, liturgical air. often its impossible to know what hes on about.

catalog

I think he's shit, I'm not gonna bother reading him. It's another prynne-style wind-up. I'll just look at the drawings.

catalog

You obviously don't understand any of it either cos you can't explain any of it. You just keep saying vacuous things about it.

catalog

You think something is hard if there's long words? You are thick as fuck.

But I can see wash has posted the whole book on page 1 of this thread, and it looks like a novel not a poem, so I'll just read it at some point.

luka

Slime-glisten on the churnings up, fractured earth pilings, heaped on, heaped up waste; overturned far throwings; tottering perpendiculars lean and sway; more leper trees pitted, rowanepyked out of nature, cut off in their sap rising.
Saturate, littered, rusted coilings, metallic rustlings, think ribbon-metal chafing - rasp low by some tension freed; by rat or wind, disturbed. Smooth-rippled discs gleamed, where gaping craters, their brimming waters, made mirror for the sky procession - bear up before the moon incongruous souvenirs. Margarine tins sail derelict, where little eddies quivered, wind caught, their sharp-jagged twisted lids wrenched back.
From chance hardesses scintilla'd strikings, queer reboundings at spiteful tangent sing between your head and his.

luka

You think something is hard if there's long words? You are thick as fuck.

But I can see wash has posted the whole book on page 1 of this thread, and it looks like a novel not a poem, so I'll just read it at some point.
not hard for us. hard for you. cos youre a beginner reader who takes pride in being obtuse.

Benny Bunter

The main reason I kept mentioning P**** and E**** wasn't so much for style reasons but for the whole modernist thing of interpolating quotes from literary history and myth, time-collapsing, "eternity unchanging" etc. Obviously, Jones draws on different stuff from them (although the holy grail myths a big part of the waste land too) but it's just been the most obvious reference point for me to start to understand what's going on with it. And I'm expecting Anathemata to be even more like that.