catalog

There's something about the saturation of words, like a barrage, that I find difficult to chew on. At the same time, maybe that's just because I'm reading a load of quotes out of any context.

catalog

I know I'm not being very helpful here. But I suppose what I'm saying, in another way, is that with these things, they seem almost beyond any discussion. You read the thing, that's it.

Benny Bunter

Brilliant bit here about the moonlight:

The rain stopped
She drives swift and immaculate out over, free of these obscuring waters; frets their fringes splendid.
A silver hurrying to silver this waste
silver for bolt-shoulders
silver for butt-heel-irons
silver beams search the interstices, play for breech-blocks underneath the counterfeiting bower-sway; make-believe a silver scar with drenched tree-wound; silver-trace a festooned slack; faery-bright a filigree with gooseberries and picket-irons - grace this mauled earth -
transfigure our infirmity -
shine on us.
I want you to play with
and the stars as well.

Benny Bunter

Reads more to me like an Anglo-Saxon Germanic thing coming through rather than Welsh, I dunno I'm not a linguist, but it's a strange mash-up

luka

i think i might go to the pub and read a bit more of it. ive got a hell shift tomorrow and im dreading it. 6.45-17.30. probably shouldn't drink it'll just make it worse but on the other hand, how can it get any worse.

Benny Bunter

I went to the bar with the intention of reading more but I ended up fucking about on here and I've probably had too many beers to carry on properly now. Useful to go back over stuff and type it out though.

luka

thats why i dont have a smartphone. the only time i can fuck about here is if im at home.

Benny Bunter

Yeah smartphones are a fucking curse.

Got the day off tomorrow before working all weekend so hopefully I'll make some progress tomoz. Might leave my phone at home (might? Probably won't)

Benny Bunter

One thing I wondered about, londoners, does any of the cockney they speak in this book still exist today? Or has it been almost totally consigned to history?